Starling Placed on Waivers
ONTARIO, Calif.- The Ontario Reign, proud affiliate of the NHL's Los Angeles Kings, have placed Chad Starling on waivers. Starling, 31, a three season veteran of the Reign, recorded 20 points (3g, 17a) in 158 games (the third most in franchise history) and tallied 199 penalty minutes. He was the last holdover for from the inaugural season opening roster.
In the 2010-11 season, the defenseman was named to the ECHL All-Decade Team. He was hampered by injuries after playing in only 14 games, recording one assist and 16 penalty minutes.
Prior to joining the Reign's roster, Starling played for the 2007-08 Kelly Cup Champion team, the Cincinnati Cyclones. He had a plus/minus rating of +48, was ranked first on the team in penalty minutes, with 88, and was ranked first among defensemen in assists, with 20.
From 2001-05 Starling defending the blue line of the Peoria Rivermen with two call-ups to the AHL's Houston Aeros and a 35 game stint with the CHL's Corpus Christi Rayz. In the 2002-03 season, Starling saw the most AHL ice time for 34 games with the Worcester Ice Cats. In the 1999 NHL Entry Draft Starling was selected by the St. Louis Blues in the fourth round, number 114 overall.
Reign Drops: The Reign will return on home ice on Friday, October 28. Be sure to bring a new toy ($10 value) that night to donate to the Children's Fund and receive a ticket voucher for a future Reign game with each donation. Saturday, October 29 is Affiliate Night, your ticket is good for both the LA Kings Alumni game at 3:00 p.m. and the Reign game at 6:00 p.m. The Reign players will be wearing LA Kings inspired jerseys during the game, sponsored by Icetown and they will be auctioned off immediately following the game to benefit youth hockey. Be sure to dress up in your Halloween costume, as there will be a contest for the best one (adult masks will not be allowed). The first 3,000 fans in attendance starting with the 3:00 p.m. game will receive a LA King inspired puck, compliments of San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino. This is the first puck giveaway out of three throughout the season.
For tickets please call us at (909) 941-PUCK (7825) or visit us online at OntarioReign.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2011
- Gladiators Trample Road Warriors in Home Opener, 6-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors lose first road game - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Starling Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Titans Announce Flyers Alumni Wednesdays - Trenton Titans
- Bill Underwood Named Titans Scout - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Adds Rookie Defenseman - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast - Stockton Thunder
- Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Zapolski - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Aided with Addition of Akim Aliu - Colorado Eagles
- Chicago Express Countdown to Puck Drop: 1 Day - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Kearns Becomes 469th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
- Aces Hold off Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rally Comes up Short in Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.