K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off
A rivalry will be renewed tonight as the Kalamazoo Wings host the Toledo Walleye at Wings Stadium. This evening will be the first of 14 regular season meeting between the division foes. All-time, Kalamazoo is 16-6-3-2 versus Toledo, which includes a record 9-3-0-1 versus the Walleye at Wings Stadium.
The K-Wings commenced the new season on a high-note last Saturday defeating the Cincinnati Cyclones 3-1 at Wings Stadium. Kalamazoo was led by forward Brandon Svendsen, who scored two goals, including the game-winner.
The Walleye also began the season last Saturday at home, but with a much different result, as they lost 5-1 at the Huntington Center to the Chicago Express. Forward Kyle Rogers scored the lone goal for Toledo with a power-play marker in the first period.
Team Leaders: Kalamazoo Wings Toledo Walleye
Goals: Brandon Svendsen (2 Goals) Kyle Rogers (1 Goals)
Assists: Elgin Reid (2 Assists) Aaron Lewicki,
Joey Martin (1 Assist)
Points: Elgin Reid, Brandon Svendsen (2 Points) Aaron Lewicki, Joey Martin,
Kyle Rogers (1 Point)
+/-: Joe Charlebois, Trent Daavettila, Seven Players Tied (+/-0)
Brandon Svendsen (+2)
Penalty Minutes: Wes O'Neill (5 Minutes) Kevin Harvey(17 Minutes)
Power Play Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Kyle Rogers (1 Goal)
Short Handed Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Game Winning Goals: Brandon Svendsen (1 GW) Entire Team (0 GW)
Shots: Brandon Svendsen (6 Shots) Aaron Lewicki,
Brian Matte (4 Shots)
Shooting Percentage: Kory Karlander (50%) Kyle Rogers (33.3%)
Overtime Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals Entire Team (0 Goals)
Shootout Goals: Entire Team (0 Goals) Entire Team (0 Goals)
Shootout Percentage: Entire Team (0.0%) Entire Team (0.0%)
Goals Against Average: Riley Gill (1.00) Thomas McCollum (5.00)
Save Percentage: Riley Gill (0.963) Thomas McCollum (0.792)
All-Time/ Season Series
All-Time Series: K-Wings Lead All-Time Series: 16-6-3-2
Season Series: First Meeting of the Season
Last Meeting: K-Wings Lost 3-1 on October 8th @ Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio (Preseason)
Next Meeting: Sunday, December 11th @ Huntington Center in Toledo, Ohio
Clermont Heads to Albany
Earlier this week, goaltender Maxime Clermont has reassigned by the New Jersey Devils to the AHL's Albany Devils. In his absence, the K-Wings have signed Tom Schaul as their emergency goaltender.
Good in Openers
Since joining the ECHL, the K-Wings have been great on opening night. Kalamazoo is 3-0-0-0 in their ECHL season opening games, outscoring their opponents 14-3 in those games.
A season ago, forward Trent Daavettila shared the league-lead in plus/minus with a plus-28. On Saturday, Daavettila was one of three (Joe Charlebois, Brandon Svendsen) that led the K-Wings in plus/minus with a game-high of plus-2.
The K-Wings will conclude their brief two-game home stand tonight versus the Toledo Walleye. While the home stand is only two games, it is the longest home stand to start a season in K-Wings history.
Tickets! Get Your Tickets!!
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are now on sale. Catch all the action as your K-Wings play the very best the ECHL has to offer. Tickets are on sale now by calling the Wings Stadium Ticket Office at (269) 345-5101.
This season, the best way to keep track of the K-Wings is to log onto www.kwings.com . The site has player profiles, information about Wings Stadium events, and much, much more.
Sova and Svendsen on the Radio
Join special guests Joe Sova and Brandon Svendsen as they join Head Coach Nick Bootland and the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno this Monday on "K-Wings Live". The show is on The Classic Hits Station WLKM (95.9 FM) and online through www.kwings.com from 6-7 p.m. at Old Burdick's Wings West.
K-Wings on Radio
Catch all the K-Wings games, home and away, on the K-Wings Radio Network (95.9 FM WLKM & on kwings.com). Join the "Voice of the K-Wings" Mike Modugno for all 72 regular season games plus the playoffs. Pre-game coverage begins with the Kalsee Credit Union Pre-Game Show 15 minutes prior to face-off. For the most complete coverage of the K-Wings from the opening face-off to the final buzzer, keep your radio tuned this season to the K-Wings Radio Network.
Saturday, October 22nd @ Chicago 7:30 PM (CDT)
Friday, October 28th @ Chicago 7:30 PM (CDT)
Saturday, October 29th Vs Cincinnati 7:30 PM (8th Annual Orange Ice Game Presented by CW7 and WKFR)
Friday, November 4th @ Wheeling 7:35 PM
Saturday, November 5th @ Elmira 7:35 PM
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2011
- Gladiators Trample Road Warriors in Home Opener, 6-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors lose first road game - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Starling Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Titans Announce Flyers Alumni Wednesdays - Trenton Titans
- Bill Underwood Named Titans Scout - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Adds Rookie Defenseman - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast - Stockton Thunder
- Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Zapolski - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Aided with Addition of Akim Aliu - Colorado Eagles
- Chicago Express Countdown to Puck Drop: 1 Day - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Kearns Becomes 469th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
- Aces Hold off Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rally Comes up Short in Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.