Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011
GREENVILLE, SC - Tonight the Greenville Road Warriors travel west down I-85 to visit the Gwinnett Gladiators for the first time this season.
The Road Warriors' first road game of the season is tonight against their most common opponent this season. The Road Warriors and Gladiators face off 17 times this season with eight of the games being played at the Arena at Gwinnett Center. Greenville played to a 4-4-0 record in Gwinnett last season and out-scored the Gladiators by a 22-21 count in those eight games. The Gladiators are home for the first time this season after opening their schedule with a pair of games last weekend at Germain Arena against the Florida Everblades. Last season the Gladiators had 10,076 in attendance for their home opener.
Who: Greenville Road Warriors at Gwinnett Gladiators
What: Road Game #1, Season Game #3
When: 7:35 p.m.
Where: The Arena at Gwinnett Center, 6400 Sugarloaf Parkway, Duluth, GA 30097.
NOTEWORTHY: The Road Warriors had the second best road record in the league in 2010-11 at 21-12-3. They also had the best road defense in the East with 103 goals against (2.86 goals-against average). Greenville's 44 shots on 10/15 vs. REA were the second most in a regulation game in their history. Most was 45 vs. REA 3/24/11 (W 5-2). Justin Bowers is 10 games away from skating in his 100th ECHL game and needs just two points to reach 100 in the ECHL.Greenville has not had a losing streak longer than three games in its history. Gwinnett is responsible for the Road Warriors' lone three-game skid (Jan. 6 to Jan. 8, 2011). Click here for tonight's Game Notes
Mark your calendars! The Road Warriors take on the Florida Everblades at the BI-LO Center on October 28 at 7:35 p.m. Come out and enjoy the Spinx Friday Family Four Pack which gets you four tickets, four hot dogs, four bags of chips, and four fountain drinks for just $48. Great group seats are still available for the game. Groups of 10 or more get preferred seating and discounts off of the box office price. Fans can call 864-674-PUCK (7825) to speak to a Road Warriors ticket representative and book their group outing.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2011
- Gladiators Trample Road Warriors in Home Opener, 6-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors lose first road game - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Starling Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Titans Announce Flyers Alumni Wednesdays - Trenton Titans
- Bill Underwood Named Titans Scout - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Adds Rookie Defenseman - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast - Stockton Thunder
- Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Zapolski - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Aided with Addition of Akim Aliu - Colorado Eagles
- Chicago Express Countdown to Puck Drop: 1 Day - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Kearns Becomes 469th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
- Aces Hold off Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rally Comes up Short in Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.