K-Wings Sign Zapolski
Kalamazoo, MI- The Kalamazoo Wings, proud member of the ECHL, two-time defending North Division Champions, reigning Eastern Conference Champions and National Hockey League affiliate to the Vancouver Canucks and New Jersey Devils and American Hockey League's Albany Devils, announce the signing of goaltender Ryan Zapolski (za-POLE-skee) ; per team policy, the terms of the contract will be undisclosed.
Zapolski joins the K-Wings after starting the season with the Stockton Thunder. Entering his first season as professional, Zapolski was a four-year standout for Mercyhurst College. Zapolski, who is from Erie, Pennsylvania, had a 2.77 goals-against-average and a 0.920 save percentage for his hometown Lakers in his four-year career.
After concluding his collegiate career, Zapolski joined the Florida Everblades for the playoffs. Zapolski played in one game for the 'Blades in the playoffs, ironically, it was against the K-Wings in a 5-3 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal clinching victory for Kalamazoo.
Traveling in from Stockton, California, Zapolski will not be in the lineup for the K-Wings this evening as they host the Toledo Walleye at 7:30 p.m. Zapolski is expected to join the K-Wings tomorrow night when the team travels to the Hoffman Estates, Illinois to battle the Chicago Express.
Zapolski's signing comes on the heels of goaltender Maxime Clermont being reassigned to the Albany Devils. Kalamazoo will dress Tom Schaul as their emergency goaltender for tonight's contest.
The K-Wings will conclude their brief two-game home stand tonight, versus the Walleye on Texas Road House Country Night, presented by 98.5 FM WNWN. This evening is also the first "Frugal Fan Friday" of the season, featuring $1 beers and $1 hot dogs.
Single-game tickets for the upcoming 2011-2012 season are on sale at the Wings Stadium Ticket Office. Ticket Office hours are Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For more information, please call Wings Stadium Ticket Office during regular business hours at (269) 345-5101.
Tickets for all K-Wings home games are $12.90 and $16.90 for adults, $11.90 for seniors (62 years and older) and military (with proper ID) and only $6.90 for kids ages 12 and under. The price for all K-Wings premium night games (all colored ice games and New Year's Eve game) are just $1 more. Fans can save money by purchasing K-Wings single game tickets in advance because tickets purchased on the day of a game increase by $1.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2011
- Gladiators Trample Road Warriors in Home Opener, 6-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors lose first road game - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Starling Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Titans Announce Flyers Alumni Wednesdays - Trenton Titans
- Bill Underwood Named Titans Scout - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Adds Rookie Defenseman - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast - Stockton Thunder
- Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Zapolski - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Aided with Addition of Akim Aliu - Colorado Eagles
- Chicago Express Countdown to Puck Drop: 1 Day - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Kearns Becomes 469th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
- Aces Hold off Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rally Comes up Short in Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.