Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast
GREENVILLE, SC - The Greenville Road Warriors announced today that they have received forward Tyler Shelast in a trade with the Stockton Thunder in exchange for future considerations.
Shelast, 26, is in his fourth season of professional hockey and his second in the ECHL. He brings 151 games of experience to the Road Warriors' lineup which includes 60 games at the American Hockey League level. The 6-1, 210-pound forward spent last season with the Quad City Mallards of the Central Hockey League and produced 41 points (19G, 22A) along with 29 penalty minutes in 53 games. Prior to this season, he skated in the ECHL with the Idaho Steelheads in 2008-09 and posted 21 points (9G, 12A) in 31 games.
Shelast, a native of Kelowna, British Columbia, played four seasons at Michigan Tech prior to turning pro. There he earned 51G, 36A, and 130 PIMs in 151 games. Following his collegiate career, Shelast signed an entry level deal with the National Hockey League's Dallas Stars.
Shelast is not expected to make the trip with the Road Warriors to visit the Gwinnett Gladiators for games on October 21 and 22 at the Arena at Gwinnett Center.
Mark your calendars! The Road Warriors take on the Florida Everblades at the BI-LO Center on October 28 at 7:35 p.m. Come out and enjoy the Spinx Friday Family Four Pack which gets you four tickets, four hot dogs, four bags of chips, and four fountain drinks for just $48. Great group seats are still available for the game. Groups of 10 or more get preferred seating and discounts off of the box office price. Fans can call 864-674-PUCK (7825) to speak to a Road Warriors ticket representative and book their group outing.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2011
- Gladiators Trample Road Warriors in Home Opener, 6-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors lose first road game - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Starling Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Titans Announce Flyers Alumni Wednesdays - Trenton Titans
- Bill Underwood Named Titans Scout - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Adds Rookie Defenseman - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast - Stockton Thunder
- Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Zapolski - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Aided with Addition of Akim Aliu - Colorado Eagles
- Chicago Express Countdown to Puck Drop: 1 Day - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Kearns Becomes 469th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
- Aces Hold off Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rally Comes up Short in Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.