Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast
STOCKTON, Calif. - The Stockton Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the Edmonton Oilers and San Jose Sharks of the National Hockey League, announced the team has acquired future considerations from the Greenville Road Warriors in exchange for right winger Tyler Shelast.
The Thunder also announced the following transactions:
Tony DeHart (D) - activated off injured reserve
Nathan Deck (D) - placed on seven-day injured reserve
Shelast, 26, was signed by the Thunder as a free agent on Sept. 21, 2011 and has skated in two games this season. Last year, the 6-foot-1 and 202 pound forward earned a career-high 19 goals and 41 points (19g-22a) with the Quad City Mallards of the Central Hockey League and posted two assists in four postseason games.
In 151 career games with Iowa, Hamilton and Texas of the American Hockey League, Allen and Quad City of the CHL and Stockton and Idaho of the ECHL, he has scored 75 points (35g-40a) and totaled 78 penalty minutes.
DeHart, 21, was signed by the Thunder as a free agent on Oct. 13 and is available to make his debut in a Thunder uniform tonight at Colorado.
The 6-foot-2 and 202 pound defenseman was selected by the New York Islanders in the fifth round (125th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He made his pro debut with the Springfield Falcons, skating in two AHL games in 2009-10.
DeHart suited up in 261 career junior games in the Ontario Hockey League with London and Oshawa and totaled 116 points (23g-93a), 23 goals and 302 penalty minutes. In 13 career postseason games, he has scored 12 points (2g-10a).
Deck has skated in two games with the Thunder this season and registered a +1 rating.
The Thunder returns to play tonight, visiting the Colorado Eagles at 6:05 p.m. Radio coverage of the game will be available at 1280 KWSX. Online coverage is available for viewing (pay-per-view video charge) and listening (free of charge) at www.StocktonThunder.com, courtesy of AmericaOne.
The Thunder have frozen most Season Ticket prices for the 2011-12 season, which are on sale now and can be purchased by calling (209) 373-1500 or by visiting www.stocktonthunder.com. Thunder Season Ticket Holders enjoy the highest-demanded seating locations in Stockton Arena, benefits including admission to Season Ticket Holder-only events, discount opportunities on Thunder merchandise, a free e-newsletter, an exclusive gift, admission to the first two rounds of the Kelly Cup Playoffs and more.
For more information about tickets, merchandise, or other inquiries contact the Stockton Thunder offices at (209) 373-1500 or visit http://www.stocktonthunder.com/.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from October 21, 2011
- Gladiators Trample Road Warriors in Home Opener, 6-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Road Warriors lose first road game - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Starling Placed on Waivers - Ontario Reign
- Titans Announce Flyers Alumni Wednesdays - Trenton Titans
- Bill Underwood Named Titans Scout - Trenton Titans
- Ontario Adds Rookie Defenseman - Ontario Reign
- ECHL Transactions - October 21 - ECHL
- Thunder Acquires Future Considerations From Greenville in Exchange for RW Tyler Shelast - Stockton Thunder
- Greenville Road Warriors Trade for Tyler Shelast - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- K-Wings Countdown to Face-Off - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings Sign Zapolski - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles Aided with Addition of Akim Aliu - Colorado Eagles
- Chicago Express Countdown to Puck Drop: 1 Day - Chicago Express
- Game Preview: Stockton Thunder at Colorado Eagles - Stockton Thunder
- Kearns Becomes 469th ECHL Player To Reach NHL - ECHL
- Greenville Road Warriors Game Preview - October 21, 2011 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Game Preview: Elmira Vs. Florida - Elmira Jackals
- ECHL Today - October 21 - ECHL
- Aces Hold off Steelheads in 4-2 Win - Alaska Aces
- Idaho Rally Comes up Short in Alaska - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Stockton Thunder Stories
- Final Weather Report: All the News and Notes from the Stockton Thunder
- Thunder Announce End of the Year Equipment Sale
- Thunder Win Final ECHL Game in front of Sold Out Crowd
- Final Thunder Home Game at Stockton Arena at 7:30 p.m.
- Larocque Scores in Second Straight against Bakersfield but Team Falls