Star Goaltender Devin Williams Returns to Oilers
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa Oilers, proud ECHL Affiliate of the NHL's Anaheim Ducks and AHL's San Diego Gulls, announced Monday the signing of goaltender Devin Williams.
Williams, 25, returns to the Oilers after posting a .918 save percentage and 2.49 GAA en route to a 10-12-6 record with three shutouts last season.
"We are excited to have Devin back for another season," said head coach Rob Murray. "I have said many times that for my money, he is the best ECHL-contracted goalie in the league. He has the ability to win games by himself, and he gives the team a chance to win every time he's between the pipes."
The 6'0, 185 lbs. goalie has had significant success with the Oilers, earning a 62-44-17 regular season record while posting a 2.46 career GAA and a .915 save percentage across the past four seasons. Williams has been named ECHL Goaltender of the Week and Goaltender of the Month twice in his career. The fifth-year pro turned in the best ECHL GAA (2.12) during the 2018-19 season - the same campaign Williams led the team to the Western Conference Finals and a Mountain Division Championship.
Williams' success in the ECHL earned him a PTO with the San Antonio Rampage of the AHL, appearing in two games with a 1.34 GAA and a .934 save percentage in 2019.
The Saginaw, MI native earned OHL Second All-Star Team honors with the Erie Otters in 2015-16 and claimed the Dave Pinkney Tropy in 2013-14, which is awarded to the goaltending tandem with the lowest team GAA in the OHL.
Williams spent one season with Acada University before turning pro, appearing in 17 contests and posting a 2.80 GAA and a .896 save percentage.
The Oilers kick off the 2021-22 season with a Friday night road tilt against the Rapid City Rush on Oct. 22 before opening at home against the Kansas City Mavericks on Saturday, Oct. 30.
Season, group and flex tickets are on sale NOW! Call or text the Oilers office at 918-632-7825 to experience Tulsa's hardest-hitting and longest-running pro sports tradition.
Oilers Season and Group Tickets are on sale now! Call the Oilers front office at 918-632-PUCK (7825) or visit www.tulsaoilers.com for more information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 20, 2021
- Star Goaltender Devin Williams Returns to Oilers - Tulsa Oilers
- Boise Native Zach Walker Signs on with Steelheads for 2021-22 - Idaho Steelheads
- Everblades Agree to Terms with Defenseman Jake Kearley - Florida Everblades
- Heartlanders Sign Rookie Defenseman Billy Constantinou - Iowa Heartlanders
- Swamp Rabbits Sign Spokane's Russell to First Pro Contract - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Indy Re-Signs Forward Spencer Watson - Indy Fuel
- Americans Announce First Goalie Signing - Allen Americans
- Royals Announce Season Ticket Holder Preseason Party October 12 with Special Recon Live Episode Featuring Head Coach Kirk MacDonald - Reading Royals
- Solar Bears Sign Conor Landrigan - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mariners to Host Railers in Lewiston for Preseason Action - Maine Mariners
- Worcester Railers HC Pre-Season Exhibition Game October 16 to Benefit Jake Thibeault - Worcester Railers HC
- Howies Hockey Tape to Continue as "Exclusive Tape and Lace Provider of the ECHL" - ECHL
- Grizzlies Sign Forward Brian Bowen - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.