Stampede Finish the Season with a Win in Texas
Frisco, TEXAS - The Idaho Stampede closed the 2014-15 regular season with a 131-125 win over the Texas Legends. Jared Cunningham led Stampede with 31 points, nine rebounds and eight assists.
Texas jumped out to a quick start, shooting 50 percent in the first quarter and grabbing a 34-29 lead. Cunningham and Jerrelle Benimon scored 10 and 11 points respectively to keep the Stampede within reach. Idaho bounced back in the second quarter and held Texas to just 37 percent shooting in the period. The Legends trailed by one at halftime.
The Stampede continued to pound the paint in the third quarter, scoring 24 of the team's 36 quarter points in the key. Idaho finished the game with a 70-46 advantage in points in the paint. Cunningham scored 13 points in the third to help extend the visiting team's lead.
Brandon Fields set Charles Hinkle up for a lay-up early in the fourth quarter as the Stampede grabbed its biggest lead (14 points) of the game. The Legends looked to be out of the game for good, but Texas got hot in the last minute, hitting four 3-pointers to pull within two points. Shane Gibson and Benimon then hit four consecutive free-throws combined to put the game out of reach.
Cunningham's performance marked the seventh straight game of scoring more than 20 points. Benimon recorded another double-double, putting up 27 points and 12 rebounds. Six Stampede players scored in double figures, included Utah Jazz assignment Grant Jerrett (17 points).
Mike James and Eric Griffin each scored 32 points while Jarrid Famous posted another big double-double with 27 points and 17 rebounds. The Legends bench was responsible for just 21 points compared to Idaho's 42 bench points.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2015
- Vipers Fall in Overtime to Los Angeles 130-123 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends' Comeback Falls Short of Stampede - Texas Legends
- OKC Blue Clinches Playoff Spot in Win over Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stampede Finish the Season with a Win in Texas - Idaho Stampede
- Energy Fall to Red Claws in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Clinch Playoff Spot - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Lock up #1 Overall Seed in Regular Season Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Set Franchise Win Mark in Season Finale Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Lose Final Game of Season - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Close Season with Road Win over Sevens - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Knicks Drop Inaugural Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Dunigan Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Multi-Year Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy to Give Away Free Car at Saturday's Game - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.