Energy Fall to Red Claws in Season Finale
Des Moines, Iowa - The Iowa Energy (26-24) fell 102-100 to the Maine Red Claws (35-15) Saturday night at Wells Fargo Arena. The Energy were eliminated from the playoffs with a win by the Fort Wayne Mad Ants earlier in the night.
The Energy were led by Damien Wilkins with a game-high 26 points and eight rebounds. Larry Owens added 24 points and eight rebounds while Marcus Hall added 20 points. The Red Claws were led by Romero Osby with 23.
Maine jumped out to a fast start in the game, quickly building an eight-point lead. Maine would shoot 63.2 percent in the first to take a 36-30 lead into the second quarter. Owens had nine points for the Energy. Maine would briefly extend their lead to 13 points in the second. Iowa responded with a 23-1 run to take a nine-point lead into halftime leading 62-53. Owens helped spur the big run with 12 points.
Maine came out of halftime hot, quickly erasing the nine-point lead by the Energy. Osby came alive for Maine with 12 points to help the comeback. It would remain a close third with the teams exchanging the lead five times. Maine outscored the Energy 25-14 in the quarter to take a 78-76 lead into the fourth. It remained a tight game in the fourth with six more lead changes and four ties. It would come down to the final seconds with Iowa having a chance to tie the game, but last second shots by Wilkins and Owens were no good as the Energy fell 102-100. The Energy would end the season with a 26-24 record.
2015-2016 season tickets are on sale starting at just $299. For more information, visit IowaNBA.com or contact the Energy at (515)-564-8550. For more information on the Energy, 'like' the Iowa Energy on Facebook or follow on Twitter (@iowaenergy).
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2015
- Vipers Fall in Overtime to Los Angeles 130-123 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends' Comeback Falls Short of Stampede - Texas Legends
- OKC Blue Clinches Playoff Spot in Win over Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stampede Finish the Season with a Win in Texas - Idaho Stampede
- Energy Fall to Red Claws in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Clinch Playoff Spot - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Lock up #1 Overall Seed in Regular Season Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Set Franchise Win Mark in Season Finale Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Lose Final Game of Season - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Close Season with Road Win over Sevens - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Knicks Drop Inaugural Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Dunigan Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Multi-Year Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy to Give Away Free Car at Saturday's Game - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Unable to Complete Comeback in Season Finale
- Wolves Lock Down in Fourth Quarter to Secure Win over Suns
- Iowa Takes Care of Business in Home Finale against Wisconsin
- Wolves Take Down Spurs in Come-From-Behind Victory
- Road Woes Continue for Iowa in Loss to Long Island