Legends' Comeback Falls Short of Stampede
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends finished off their season at home Saturday night against the Idaho Stampede. The Legends fought back from a 14-point deficit in the fourth quarter but were unable to overcome the Stampede who swept the week's series with a 131-125 victory.
The Legends got off to a quick start behind 50% shooting and a combined 21 points from Jarrid Famous and Mike James. Jerrelle Benimon and Jared Cunningham also combined for 21 but the Stampede's 37% shooting fell short of the Legends 29-34 at the end of the first. The Stampede cut the lead quickly, regaining control three minutes into the second. After 14 lead changes and six ties, Idaho went into halftime leading 60-59.
Texas came out of the locker room on fire shooting 65% and 57% from outside in the third but the Stampede rolled to a 12-point lead and held on by six at the buzzer. Idaho increased the lead to 14 in the fourth, but Famous knocked down his first career three-pointer to cut the difference to two with 11.9 seconds on the clock. Texas was forced to foul in the final seconds and was unable to complete the comeback ultimately defeated by six.
Griffin and James led the Legends with 32 points apiece with Griffin adding 10 rebounds and five blocked shots and James giving an additional six rebounds and eight assists. Famous finished the season with his 11th straight double-double of 27 points, 17 rebounds.
Cunningham led the Stampede with 31 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. Benimon added Idaho's only double-double of 27 points, 12 rebounds.
Information for the Legends' 2015-16 season will be available on www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from April 4, 2015
- Vipers Fall in Overtime to Los Angeles 130-123 - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Legends' Comeback Falls Short of Stampede - Texas Legends
- OKC Blue Clinches Playoff Spot in Win over Erie - Oklahoma City Blue
- Stampede Finish the Season with a Win in Texas - Idaho Stampede
- Energy Fall to Red Claws in Season Finale - Iowa Wolves
- Mad Ants Clinch Playoff Spot - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Red Claws Lock up #1 Overall Seed in Regular Season Finale - Maine Red Claws
- Charge Set Franchise Win Mark in Season Finale Win - Canton Charge
- BayHawks Lose Final Game of Season - Erie BayHawks
- Drive Close Season with Road Win over Sevens - Grand Rapids Drive
- Westchester Knicks Drop Inaugural Season Finale - Westchester Knicks
- Michael Dunigan Returns to Charge - Canton Charge
- Atlanta Hawks Sign Austin Daye to Multi-Year Contract - Erie BayHawks
- Iowa Energy to Give Away Free Car at Saturday's Game - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- Texas Legends Receive 2018-19 NBA G League Awards for Franchise of the Year and Executive of the Year
- Legends Announce Launch of "Pursuing Excellence" Series
- Legends' Second Half Comeback Falls Short
- Legends Bounce Back in Home Finale
- Legends Strike from Outside, Cut Short by Clippers