South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with Agua Caliente
ONTARIO, CA - The South Bay Lakers dropped their penultimate road game of the season as they lost to the Agua Caliente Clippers, 123-120, on Tuesday night. Kostas Antetokounmpo paced South Bay (18-25) with 24 points and a career-high 15 rebounds. The Clippers (22-22) were led by Johnathan Motley's 30-point performance.
The home team held a slight 33-29 lead through one as Terance Mann scored 11 points in the opening frame to lead the Clippers. Antetokounmpo took over in the second quarter, scoring 14 points in the period alone, but the Clippers maintained a 67-58 advantage at the half.
South Bay narrowed the Clippers lead to six, 96-90, as Devontae Cacok scored 13 points in the third quarter. The Lakers outscored their opponent in the final quarter but couldn't do enough down the stretch to secure the victory.
Motley finished with 30 points, nine rebounds and four assists for the Clippers, while Mann recorded a 16-point, 11-rebound double-double. Tyrone Wallace was the high scorer off the bench with 17 points and Mfiondu Kabengele tallied 16 points and seven rebounds. James Palmer Jr. (12 points) and Donte Grantham (11 points) also scored in double figures for the Clippers.
Antetokounmpo's 10th double-double of the season paced the Lakers and Talen Horton-Tucker ended the night with 23 points, seven rebounds and three assists. Cacok and David Stockton scored 17 points apiece, while Pierre Jackson finished with 16 points and seven assists.
South Bay returns home tomorrow night to host the Austin Spurs at 7:00pm from the UCLA Health Training Center in the first game of a six-game homestand.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 11, 2020
- Mad Ants Top Drive Once Again - Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive Comeback Falls Short against Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Iowa Over-Powers Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Canton Charge to Play Remaining Home Games without Fans in Attendance - Canton Charge
- Warriors to Play Upcoming Games without Fans in Attendance - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Coats Coast Past Red Claws in Midweek Matinee - Delaware Blue Coats
- Jusuf Nurkic Assigned to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Go-Go Add Jordan Bell - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Offense Stymied in Delaware - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Charge Clinch Playoff Return - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.