Go-Go Add Jordan Bell
The Capital City Go-Go, the Washington Wizards' NBA G League affiliate, added forward Jordan Bell off of waivers today. In a corresponding move, the team waived forward Stefan Jankovic due to a season ending injury.
Bell, a 6-8, 216 pound forward-center from the University of Oregon, has appeared in 29 games with the Minnesota Timberwolves and Memphis Grizzlies this season. Originally taken with the 38th overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls, Bell was traded on draft night to the Golden State Warriors and played in 125 games (16 starts) for the Warriors between 2017 and 2019, averaging 3.9 points and 3.1 rebounds per game. In his time with Golden State, Bell also appeared in 32 playoff games and was a member of the 2018 NBA Champion Warriors team.
Bell was signed as a free agent by the Timberwolves in 2019 and played in 27 games prior to being included in a four-team trade that sent him to Houston in February. Bell was traded from Houston to Memphis the following day and appeared in two games with the Grizzlies before being waived on March 2.
Bell played three seasons at Oregon, leaving as the school's all-time leader in blocks (235) and field goal percentage (.610). Bell helped lead the Ducks to a Final Four appearance his redshirt junior season, where he also was voted the 2017 Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year.
Bell will make his first appearance in a Go-Go uniform on the road against the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on Friday at 8:30 p.m. The game will be simulcast on Monumental Sports Network.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 11, 2020
- Mad Ants Top Drive Once Again - Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive Comeback Falls Short against Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Iowa Over-Powers Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Canton Charge to Play Remaining Home Games without Fans in Attendance - Canton Charge
- Warriors to Play Upcoming Games without Fans in Attendance - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Coats Coast Past Red Claws in Midweek Matinee - Delaware Blue Coats
- Jusuf Nurkic Assigned to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Go-Go Add Jordan Bell - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Offense Stymied in Delaware - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Charge Clinch Playoff Return - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Capital City Go-Go Stories
- Updates from the Capital City Go-Go on Our Remaining 2019-2020 Season
- Go-Go Add Jordan Bell
- Go-Go to Host STEM Education Day Presented by Deloitte
- Go-Go Run Home Winning Streak to Six with 130-125 Victory over Mad Ants
- Jalen Jones to Play for Team USA Americup Qualifying Team