Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (22-22) take down the rival South Bay Lakers (18-25), 123-120, on Tuesday night to move within one game of the Sioux Falls Skyforce for the final Western Conference Playoff spot.
After falling behind by eight in the opening quarter, Agua Caliente finished the frame on a 17-5 run to take a 33-29 lead and carried their momentum into the second, shooting 55 percent from the field (11-for-20) and increasing their advantage to nine at the half. After South Bay tied the game on a Pierre Jackson three-pointer with 5:09 to go final frame, an Clippers went on an 8-0 run to go back ahead, but the Lakers weren't done there, cutting the lead back down to one with 1:25 remaining. With the Clippers holding a three-point lead, Pierre Jackson missed the game-tying three-point attempt with six seconds left to seal the Clippers victory.
Johnathan Motley led all scorers with 30 points and added nine rebounds in the win. Terance Mann added a 16-point, 11-rebound double-double for the Clippers.
The Lakers were led by Kostas Antetokounmpo's huge double-double of 24 points and 15 rebounds.
The Clippers look to build off their momentum in the Western Conference Playoff race as they head across town to run it back against South Bay on Friday, March 13th. Tip off is at 7 p.m. inside the UCLA Health Training Center in El Segundo, CA.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 11, 2020
- Mad Ants Top Drive Once Again - Grand Rapids Drive
- Drive Comeback Falls Short against Mad Ants - Grand Rapids Drive
- Iowa Over-Powers Vipers - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Canton Charge to Play Remaining Home Games without Fans in Attendance - Canton Charge
- Warriors to Play Upcoming Games without Fans in Attendance - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Blue Coats Coast Past Red Claws in Midweek Matinee - Delaware Blue Coats
- Jusuf Nurkic Assigned to Santa Cruz Warriors - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Go-Go Add Jordan Bell - Capital City Go-Go
- Red Claws Offense Stymied in Delaware - Maine Red Claws
- South Bay Falls in Road Meeting with Agua Caliente - South Bay Lakers
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Charge Clinch Playoff Return - Canton Charge
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.