Sounds Take Series Lead with 6-3 Win over Indians
NASHVILLE, TENN. - The Nashville Sounds drove in five runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to hand the Indianapolis Indians their second straight loss on Thursday night, 6-3.
The Sounds (23-9) took an early 1-0 lead in the bottom of the third inning with an RBI single from Keston Hiura.
A half inning later, the Indians (16-16) jumped on the board with an RBI single from Will Craig to score Cole Tucker and tie the game. With the bases loaded and one out, Anthony Alford singled on a line drive down the left field line to score Kevin Kramer and Craig to take the 3-1 lead.
After two scoreless innings, Nashville retook the lead in the bottom of the seventh. Austin Davis (L, 0-1) loaded the bases with three straight walks and former Indians catcher Christian Kelley cleared the bases with a three-RBI double. The Sounds knocked in two more to extend the lead to 6-3.
Beau Sulser started on the mound for the Indians and pitched five one-run innings with six strikeouts. Davis took the loss giving up three runs on no hits with four walks in one inning of work.
Jake Cousins (W, 1-0) threw a scoreless seventh inning with two strikeouts and earned the win for the Sounds.
The six-game series vs. Nashville continues Friday night with the first pitch scheduled for 8:05 PM ET. RHP Cody Ponce (0-1, 5.40) will take the mound for the Indians and face RHP Bowden Francis (1-1, 3.60).
• Discuss this story on the Triple-A East League message board...
Triple-A East League Stories from June 11, 2021
- Bisons Piece Together 4-2 Win over Division-Leading RailRiders - Buffalo Bisons
- Saints Fall Just Short to Storm Chasers 6-4 - St. Paul Saints
- Blewett Guides Chasers to Third Straight Win - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Indians Drop Record-Setting Contest at Nashville - Indianapolis Indians
- Iowa Breaks Seven-Game Losing Streak with 9-2 Win - Iowa Cubs
- Four-Run Deficit too Much for RailRiders Friday - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Sounds Pummel Indians for Third Straight Win - Nashville Sounds
- Lopez Strikes for a Three-Run Homer as Bats Lose, 10-6 - Louisville Bats
- Charlotte Edges Durham 5-4 - Durham Bulls
- Tides Blank Jumbo Shrimp Saturday - Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- Tylor Megill Impresses, But Syracuse Loses Fifth Straight with 5-3 Defeat to Worcester on Friday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Plate 10 in Third Straight Win - Toledo Mud Hens
- That's Wright: Knights Beat the Bulls 5-4 on Friday Night - Charlotte Knights
- Two in Ninth Gives WooSox Comeback Win, Fourth in a Row - Worcester Red Sox
- Red Wings, IronPigs Postponed Friday - Rochester Red Wings
- IronPigs and Rochester Postponed Due to Rain - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- June 11 Game Notes: Iowa vs. Columbus - Iowa Cubs
- Indianapolis Indians (16-16) at Nashville Sounds (23-9) - Indianapolis Indians
- If You Build It, They Will Come: Victory Field's 1996 Opening Day Was Nothing Short of Magic - Indianapolis Indians
- Memphis Redbirds Game Notes: June 11, 2021 - Memphis Redbirds
- This Week at Victory Field, June 15-20 - Indianapolis Indians
- SWB RailRiders Game Notes - June 11, 2021 - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Single-Game Tickets for Remaining 2021 Bulls Home Games on Sale - Durham Bulls
- Comeback Falls Short as Iowa Falls 9-7 - Iowa Cubs
- Chasers Pummel Saints Behind Season Highs in Runs, Hits - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Sounds Take Series Lead with 6-3 Win over Indians - Indianapolis Indians
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indianapolis Indians Stories
- Walk-Off Slam Gives Bats Series Lead
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (23-18) at Louisville Bats (14-27)
- Single-Game Tickets for Remaining 42 Home Games Now on Sale
- Father's Day Frenzy: Indians Walk off in 11
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (22-18) vs. Memphis Redbirds (16-25)