Sounders FC 2019 MLS Cup-Winning Team Receives Championship Rings
SEATTLE, WASH. - Seattle Sounders FC today presented its 2019 MLS Cup-winning team and staff with championship rings, designed by Jostens. Rings were awarded during a small, private ceremony at Starfire Sports to all present players and technical staff who were with the team for its 2019 championship season.
"Last year's MLS Cup title on home soil in front of a sold-out CenturyLink Field was a seminal moment in our club's history," said Sounders FC Owner Adrian Hanauer. "Never before had we hosted a title match in front of our incredible fans, and the scenes that took place that day inside the stadium and around the city were so special. Despite the challenging circumstances we have all experienced this year, today we were able to recognize and celebrate the accomplishments of the 2019 team. As we prepare to embark on our 12th postseason journey, we hope this serves as inspiration for another playoff run in 2020. We'd also like to thank Jostens for creating such a beautiful ring to mark the 2019 MLS Cup championship."
"The Sounders have an incredibly rich championship history," said Chris Poitras, Vice President and General Manager of Jostens Professional Sports Division. "Jostens has had the tremendous privilege to partner with the Sounders to celebrate their success with a stunning championship ring. We are proud to once more present a ring that honors their championship journey."
Per Jostens, the 2019 championship rings are crafted from 10-karat white and yellow gold with stunning diamonds, featuring the Sounders FC iconic crest created using custom green and blue enamel and accented with 24 round diamonds, symbolic of the team's two MLS Cup victories. The shield sits atop a brilliant blue stone, with the title MLS CUP CHAMPIONS proudly displayed above and below. Located above the Sounders badge are two contrasting gold stars representing the club's 2016 and 2019 MLS Cup titles. An additional 126 diamonds cascade down the ring top.
The left side of the ring proudly displays the recipient's name, and below their name, players receive their number brilliantly set with diamonds. The background of the ring's left side is a detailed depiction of CenturyLink Field.
The MLS Cup is brought to life in the center of the right side of the ring just below the Sounders FC wordmark logo. The championship year date, 2019, is located in a banner that surrounds the cup, marking the year the Sounders once again claimed the league title.
The interior of the ring features the Sounders FC crest above the Toronto FC logo, with the final score of the MLS Cup championship match.Overall, the rings feature 150 round diamonds.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 29, 2020
- Sounders FC 2019 MLS Cup-Winning Team Receives Championship Rings - Seattle Sounders FC
- Providence Park Expansion Project Recognized by AIA Oregon Architecture Awards - Portland Timbers
- Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m. - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Relieve Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Duties as Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Clinches 2020 MLS Playoff Berth with New Playoff Qualification - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Qualification Update - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: Three Regular Season Challenges Remain - Orlando City SC
- 2021 Nashville SC Season Tickets on Sale with Priority Seating for Stadium in 2022 - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Forward Brandon Vazquez to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Chris Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes jump to seventh place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Portland Timbers 5 - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 5-2 Win against La Galaxy - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 in San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Seattle Sounders FC Stories
- Sounders FC Advances to MLS Western Conference Championship with 1-0 Win over FC Dallas
- Civic Activations Continue in Seattle Area as Sounders FC Hosts FC Dallas in Western Conference Semifinal Tonight
- Sounders FC Joins Washington Employers for Racial Equity Coalition
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - December 1, 2020 - Audi MLS Cup Playoffs
- Sounders FC Advances Past LAFC with 3-1 Victory in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs