Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m.
The Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and Banc of California Stadium are teaming up with Chef José Andres' World Central Kitchen to bring their #ChefsForThePolls program to Banc of California Stadium's Voting Center from October 30 - November 3. During this five day window, all voters and volunteers have the opportunity to eat a fresh, nourishing meal for free.
The #ChefsForThePolls meal area will be located on Christmas Tree Lane, directly across from the Northwest Plaza and entrance to the voting center at Banc of California Stadium. Meals will be provided by World Central Kitchen. Food will be available during voting hours and offered free of charge.
In addition to the free meal, LA County residents who vote in-person or drop their ballot at Banc of California Stadium will receive a Black & Gold "I Voted" sticker.
Banc of California Stadium will be open as a voting center from 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. PT between October 30 and November 2. Voting hours will extend on Election Day, with the Stadium opening at 7:00 a.m. PT and closing at 8:00 p.m. PT. Residents will have the opportunity to drop off Vote by Mail ballots at the stadium as well. Voters can access the center through the NW Gates on Christmas Tree Lane with voting booths set up on the west concourse within Banc of California Stadium. Free parking will be available to voters at the Blue Structure in front of the California Science Center.
Founded in 2010 by Chef José Andrés, World Central Kitchen (WCK) uses the power of food to heal communities and strengthen economies in times of crisis and beyond. A non-partisan effort, WCK's #ChefsForThePolls program recruits local restaurants and food establishments to bring meals to voters and engages with community-driven solutions that provide fresh meals - and also keep small businesses open in the midst of a health and economic crisis. Chefs For The Polls is a non-partisan effort that will feed people of all political parties and beliefs. Meals are not offered as an incentive or reward for voting; rather, meals will be available at polling sites for anyone who is hungry.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 29, 2020
- Sounders FC 2019 MLS Cup-Winning Team Receives Championship Rings - Seattle Sounders FC
- Providence Park Expansion Project Recognized by AIA Oregon Architecture Awards - Portland Timbers
- Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m. - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Relieve Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Duties as Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Clinches 2020 MLS Playoff Berth with New Playoff Qualification - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Qualification Update - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: Three Regular Season Challenges Remain - Orlando City SC
- 2021 Nashville SC Season Tickets on Sale with Priority Seating for Stadium in 2022 - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Forward Brandon Vazquez to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Chris Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes jump to seventh place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Portland Timbers 5 - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 5-2 Win against La Galaxy - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 in San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Los Angeles FC Stories
- LAFC Falls to the Seattle Sounders FC 3-1 in First Round of Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Travels to Face Seattle Sounders FC Tomorrow in Round One of the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs
- LAFC Prepares for Playoffs with for Los Angeles Specials at L.A. Restaurants
- LAFC Collaborates with Postmates to Bring Gear to Fans' Doorsteps
- LAFC's Diego Rossi Named to 2020 MLS Best XI