By the Numbers: Three Regular Season Challenges Remain
+5 - Rivalry domination
Orlando City blew out rivals Atlanta United yet again on Wednesday night, as four different scorers lifted the Lions to a 4-1 laugher at Exploria Stadium. Orlando had a +5 goal differential in four games against Atlanta this season, going unbeaten in the series. Talk about the shoe being on the other foot!
10 - Revenge of the Mummy
MLS might have replaced the Rookie of the Year award with a broader Young Player of the Year recognition on Wednesday, but that didn't slow down Orlando City's first-year sensation Daryl Dike. The 20 year-old savaged Atlanta United, scoring a goal and adding an assist in the Lions' rout. With 6 G/4 A on the year, Dike's 10 goal contributions have tied him for second all-time with Chris Mueller for the most by an Orlando City rookie. Only Cyle Larin in 2015 had more, and that was with a full season's worth of games.
43 - Addicted to winning
Oscar Pareja is one of the most successful coaches in MLS history, and he's begun a climb up the league's all-time wins list. With Wednesday's victory, Pareja tied former New England Revolution head coach Steve Nicol for 9th all-time at 112 wins. It took Nicol 301 games to reach that figure, while Pareja did it in just 258-43 games fewer than the Liverpool legend. Ben Olsen, at 113 wins, will be Papi's next target.
0.47 - Room for improvement
Orlando City head to New Jersey to face the Montreal Impact on Sunday. The game will be the first regular season meeting between the two sides this year, but not their first overall-Orlando knocked off Montreal 1-0 in the MLS is Back Round of 16 back in late July at Walt Disney World. The Impact created just 0.47 expected goals in that game on a paltry seven shots, never truly threatening Pedro Gallese and the Orlando defense. The Lions will look for a similar shutdown performance on Sunday night (7:30 pm EST, FOX35 Plus).
1.5 - FAIRWINDS Credit Union
Score up to 1.5% cash back and LionNation points when you use your FAIRWINDS Orlando City Visa® or Orlando Pride Visa® on game day purchases and everyday essentials. Apply today and get purple carded.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 29, 2020
- Sounders FC 2019 MLS Cup-Winning Team Receives Championship Rings - Seattle Sounders FC
- Providence Park Expansion Project Recognized by AIA Oregon Architecture Awards - Portland Timbers
- Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m. - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Relieve Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Duties as Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Clinches 2020 MLS Playoff Berth with New Playoff Qualification - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Qualification Update - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: Three Regular Season Challenges Remain - Orlando City SC
- 2021 Nashville SC Season Tickets on Sale with Priority Seating for Stadium in 2022 - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Forward Brandon Vazquez to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Chris Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes jump to seventh place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Portland Timbers 5 - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 5-2 Win against La Galaxy - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 in San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- Daryl Dike and Chris Mueller Receive International Call-Ups to U.S. Men's National Team
- City Falls to New England in Eastern Conference Semifinals
- Storylines: City vs. New England Revolution
- By the Numbers: the Conference Semifinals
- Orlando City Hosts New England Revolution in Eastern Conference Semifinals