LA Galaxy Relieve Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Duties as Head Coach
LOS ANGELES - The LA Galaxy announced today that the club has relieved Guillermo Barros Schelotto of his head coaching duties, effective immediately. Dominic Kinnear will serve as the LA Galaxy interim head coach for the remainder of the 2020 season.
Additionally, assistant coach Gustavo Barros Schelotto, assistant coach Ariel Pereyra, goalkeeping coach Juan José Romero and performance coach Javier Valdecantos have been relieved of their coaching duties.
"Based on results, we have decided to go in a different direction," said LA Galaxy General Manager Dennis te Kloese. "The LA Galaxy is a club that is built on winning on the field and being representative of the championship mentality and pedigree that you expect in Los Angeles. As a club, we have a collective responsibility and we all must share the blame for the club's current standing. I take responsibility for the poor results and believe that we can find the right way forward for this team and our club."
Barros Schelotto was 21-26-6 during in MLS during his time with the club. The LA Galaxy are 5-11-3 during the 2020 MLS Regular Season.
The LA Galaxy host Real Salt Lake on Sunday, Nov. 1 at 7:30 p.m. PT live on Spectrum SportsNet. They host Seattle Sounders FC on Nov. 4 before finishing regular season play with a road game against Vancouver Whitecaps FC on Sunday, Nov. 8.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from October 29, 2020
- Sounders FC 2019 MLS Cup-Winning Team Receives Championship Rings - Seattle Sounders FC
- Providence Park Expansion Project Recognized by AIA Oregon Architecture Awards - Portland Timbers
- Early Voting Starts Tomorrow at Banc of California Stadium at 10 a.m. - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Relieve Guillermo Barros Schelotto of Duties as Head Coach - LA Galaxy
- MNUFC Clinches 2020 MLS Playoff Berth with New Playoff Qualification - Minnesota United FC
- MLS Announces Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs Qualification Update - MLS
- San Jose Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - MLS
- Earthquakes Forward Chris Wondolowski Voted MLS Player of the Week - San Jose Earthquakes
- By the Numbers: Three Regular Season Challenges Remain - Orlando City SC
- 2021 Nashville SC Season Tickets on Sale with Priority Seating for Stadium in 2022 - Nashville SC
- FC Cincinnati Sign Forward Brandon Vazquez to a Multi-Year Contract Extension - FC Cincinnati
- New England Revolution Youth Development Update: October 29, 2020 - New England Revolution
- Chris Wondolowski scores twice; Quakes jump to seventh place - San Jose Earthquakes
- LAFC Defeats Houston Dynamo 2-1 on Wednesday Night at Banc of California Stadium - Los Angeles FC
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 2, Portland Timbers 5 - Wednesday, October 28, 2020 - LA Galaxy
- Timbers Clinch Berth in Audi MLS Cup Playoffs with 5-2 Win against La Galaxy - Portland Timbers
- Real Salt Lake Falls 2-0 in San Jose - Real Salt Lake
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 2-1 at Los Angeles FC - Houston Dynamo
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent LA Galaxy Stories
- LA Galaxy Announce 2020 Roster Decisions
- Three LA Galaxy Players Named to USMNT Roster for December Friendly
- 2021 LA Galaxy Season Ticket Memberships Now Available
- Four Additional LA Galaxy Players Depart for International Duty
- LA Galaxy Postgame Notes and Quotes: LA Galaxy 0, Vancouver Whitecaps FC 3