Sherwood, Miska Recalled by Colorado Avalanche
LOVELAND, CO. - The Colorado Eagles, proud AHL affiliate of the Colorado Avalanche, have announced that goaltender Hunter Miska and forward Kiefer Sherwood have been recalled by the Avalanche. In addition, goaltender Peyton Jones has been reassigned to the Eagles by the team's NHL affiliate.
Jones has appeared in one game with the Eagles this season, making 35 saves on 38 shots against the San Diego Gulls in his professional debut on February 13th. The 25-year-old is coming off a four-year career at Penn State University, where he burst onto the scene as a freshman by starting 36 games and leading the Nittany Lions to a Big Ten Championship. He would also be recognized by earning a spot on the Big Ten All-Rookie Team and being named the Big Ten Tournament MVP.
The 6-foot-4, 210-pound netminder compiled a 76-44-11 record as a four-year starter at Penn State and ranks first in program history in games played and games started by a goalie (133), minutes played (7866:20), saves (3,685) and points/assists by a goalie (8). His 2.60 goals-against average compiled during both his freshman and senior seasons is tied for the second lowest GAA in school history. Jones would cap off his college career by helping propel Penn State to a Big Ten Regular Season Championship during the 2019-20 campaign.
Colorado will return to action when the Eagles host the Tucson Roadrunners on Friday, February 26th at 7:05pm MT. Fans can catch every game this season live on "The Home of the Colorado Eagles," 92.9 The Bear or on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Iowa Comes from Behind to Beat Texas 5-3 - Iowa Wild
- Fogarty Scores Twice in 7-2 Loss to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Clark and Leason Score Twice, Bears Double up Devils in Newark - Hershey Bears
- Comets Score Five Unanswered Goals in the Third, Defeat Amerks 7-2 - Utica Comets
- Bears Defeat Devils, 6-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Wolves' Streak Ends at 7 - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Take First Loss of 2021 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Dominant in Opening Week Finale against Toronto - Stockton Heat
- Xavier Ouellet: the Helping Captain - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Host BHC Night & Cavs Day in Weekend Homestand Versus IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Defenseman Devante Stephens from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Announce Three Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls and California Coast Credit Union to Host Book and Learning Supply Drive Benefitting Words Alive - San Diego Gulls
- Sushko Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Seek Series Split Friday against Toronto - Stockton Heat
- Kaiden Guhle and Gianni Fairbrother to Return to Junior Teams - Laval Rocket
- Sherwood, Miska Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.