Kaiden Guhle and Gianni Fairbrother to Return to Junior Teams
MONTREAL - Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin announced on Friday that defensemen Kaiden Guhle (Prince Albert Raiders) and Gianni Fairbrother (Everett Silvertips) will return to their respective WHL teams as the 2021 season gets underway today.
Guhle will be available to play in the Laval Rocket game against the Manitoba Moose scheduled on Friday night at the Bell Centre.
Guhle, 19, will begin his third season with the Raiders after recently being named the 44th captain in team history. The Canadiens' first-round pick (16th overall) in 2020 made his professional debut this season with the Rocket, suiting up for two games and registering three shots on goal. On the international stage, he helped Team Canada win the silver medal at the 2021 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championship, amassing two goals and one assist in seven games.
Fairbrother returns to Everett for his fourth and final season at the Junior level. The Silvertips' co-captain also made his professional debut with Laval and collected an assist during his first shift in the AHL. In three games with the Rocket, he posted a plus-2 differential. Fairbrother was selected in the third round by the Canadiens (77th overall) at the 2019 NHL Draft.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 26, 2021
- Iowa Comes from Behind to Beat Texas 5-3 - Iowa Wild
- Fogarty Scores Twice in 7-2 Loss to Comets - Rochester Americans
- Clark and Leason Score Twice, Bears Double up Devils in Newark - Hershey Bears
- Comets Score Five Unanswered Goals in the Third, Defeat Amerks 7-2 - Utica Comets
- Bears Defeat Devils, 6-3 - Binghamton Devils
- Wolves' Streak Ends at 7 - Chicago Wolves
- Phantoms Take First Loss of 2021 - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Dominant in Opening Week Finale against Toronto - Stockton Heat
- Xavier Ouellet: the Helping Captain - Laval Rocket
- Monsters Host BHC Night & Cavs Day in Weekend Homestand Versus IceHogs - Cleveland Monsters
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Defenseman Devante Stephens from Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Monsters Announce Three Roster Moves - Cleveland Monsters
- San Diego Gulls and California Coast Credit Union to Host Book and Learning Supply Drive Benefitting Words Alive - San Diego Gulls
- Sushko Loaned to Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Heat Seek Series Split Friday against Toronto - Stockton Heat
- Kaiden Guhle and Gianni Fairbrother to Return to Junior Teams - Laval Rocket
- Sherwood, Miska Recalled by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Game Preview: Bears at Devils, 7 p.m. - Hershey Bears
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.