Series Preview: at Kings
After winning two-of-three on the road, the Skyforce dropped three-straight home games (all of which came down to the final minutes).
The team will look for more of the success they have found on the road, as Sioux Falls embarks on a nine-day, four-game road trip. The first two will come in Stockton, CA against the Kings.
It marks the first time the Skyforce will play in Stockton since November 13, 2019. The Kings featured HEAT guard Gabe Vincent and new HEAT two-way guard Kyle Guy on the 2019-20 roster, as well.
Both teams met up in the 2-2021 Winter Showcase on December 21, with the Force taking a 91-87 victory over the Kings. Brandon Knight led the way with 25 points and five assists (this was the last game before Knight signed a 10-day contract with the Dallas Mavericks). DJ Stewart added 20 points and eight rebounds, while Micah Potter posted 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Sioux Falls will look for the quality of play it got from its veteran guards on Tuesday. Brandon Knight and Mario Chalmers combined for 43 points on 11-24 FGA and 7-13 3PA.
Tarkus Ferguson continues to impress off the bench, as his 57.5 percent shooting from deep is good for third in the G League (with a minimum of 20 attempts). Ferguson is also fourth in the league with 23 made three-pointers.
Stockton (2-3) comes into the contest with losses in its last three games, with the latter being a 124-91 defeat to the Santa Cruz Warriors.
The team also ranks fifth in the G League in assists, per game, with 25. However, the Kings rank 20th in rebounds per game (43) and 24th in points per game (104.4).
WHAT: Skyforce at Stockton Kings
WHEN: 9:00 PM CST on Thursday, 2:00 PM CST on Sunday
WHERE: Stockton Arena
WATCH: ESPN+ and NBA TV
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2022
- Charge Come up Short in Mississauga - Cleveland Charge
- Battle-Tested Long Island Splits Series with Fort Wayne - Long Island Nets
- Gold Lose Tough One to Motor City 113-98 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Windy City Bulls Can't Hang with Maine - Windy City Bulls
- Maine Celtics Bounce Back, Blow out Bulls - Maine Celtics
- Stars to Host Lakers at Bruin Arena on February 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Long Island Nets Reacquire Talib Zanna - Long Island Nets
- Series Preview: at Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- NBA G League Announces Charge Schedule Update - Cleveland Charge
- Knicks Blast Celtics 126-99 for Second Straight Home Victory - Westchester Knicks
- Nix Catapults Vipers to the Top - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Sweep Two-Game Set against Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends' Streak Cut Short in OKC - Texas Legends
- Vipers too Much for Spurs - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sioux Falls Skyforce Stories
- Skyforce Announces Six Priority Dates in Advance of 2022-23 Season
- Player Recaps: Trey Mourning
- Player Recaps: Mike Smith
- Player Recaps: Sam Thompson
- Player Recaps: Martin Krampelj