Legends' Streak Cut Short in OKC
OKLAHOMA CITY, OK - The Oklahoma City Blue (3-3) took revenge on the Texas Legends (3-2) with a 113-103 wire-to-wire win in Oklahoma City, putting an end to Texas' three-game win streak.
Isaiah Roby grabbed the game's first points and finished the opening quarter with 10 to lead the Blue's early advantage. The visitors stayed within reach, with the largest deficit (-15) coming midway through the third. Texas pulled within four with just under three minutes to play, but the Blue returned six straight points and hit all four of their final shots from the line to hold onto the victory.
Feron Hunt led the Legends with the game's only double-double of 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Justin Jackson finished with 17 points, and Tyler Davis came off the bench for 17 points, 8 rebounds. Carlik Jones added 16 points, 7 assists, and DeJon Jarreau tagged on 15 points, 4 rebounds, and 5 assists.
Theo Maledon led all scorers at 26 points with 20 points coming from the free throw line. Melvin Frazier Jr. added 19 points off the bench, and Roby finished with 16 points, 8 rebounds.
The two teams will face off again Friday night at 7pm CT at the Paycom Center. Fans can catch all the action live on www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 20, 2022
- Charge Come up Short in Mississauga - Cleveland Charge
- Battle-Tested Long Island Splits Series with Fort Wayne - Long Island Nets
- Gold Lose Tough One to Motor City 113-98 - Grand Rapids Gold
- Windy City Bulls Can't Hang with Maine - Windy City Bulls
- Maine Celtics Bounce Back, Blow out Bulls - Maine Celtics
- Stars to Host Lakers at Bruin Arena on February 15 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Long Island Nets Reacquire Talib Zanna - Long Island Nets
- Series Preview: at Kings - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- NBA G League Announces Charge Schedule Update - Cleveland Charge
- Knicks Blast Celtics 126-99 for Second Straight Home Victory - Westchester Knicks
- Nix Catapults Vipers to the Top - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Stars Sweep Two-Game Set against Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Legends' Streak Cut Short in OKC - Texas Legends
- Vipers too Much for Spurs - Austin Spurs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.