Seferina, Gallen Tabbed as FSL South Division All-Stars
JUPITER, FL - The office of the Florida State League has announced the All-Star teams for the upcoming Florida State League All Star Game on June 17, 2017 in Lakeland, FL. Darren Seferina and Zac Gallen found their names on the South Division roster representing the Palm Beach Cardinals.
Zac Gallen is currently second in the Florida State League in ERA sitting at 1.62 on the season. He has started nine games this season, tossing 55.2 innings, giving up 44 hits, 14 runs (10 earned). He has an outstanding walk to strikeout out ratio as he has only given ten free passes on the season, while striking out fifty-six batters.
Darren Seferina will represent the Cardinals as one of the position players in the All-Star game. Seferina has played in 48 games so far this season for the Cardinals and is hitting .279 on the season with an On-Base Percentage of .330. He has recorded 14 extra base hits on the season as well, seven doubles, six triples and one home run, while driving in 18 runs so far this season. He has also crossed the plate 24 times so far this season as well.
Landon Beck was tabbed an all-star as well, but has already been promoted to the AA Springfield Cardinals.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 1, 2017
- Yankees' Comeback Falls Short in 6-4 Loss - Tampa Yankees
- Moats Bails out Stone Crabs in 6-4 Win over Yankees - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Errors Costly Again for Blue Jays in Home Loss - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Waguespack's Start, Garcia's Slam Lift Threshers - Clearwater Threshers
- Helsley Twirls Gem in Palm Beach Victory - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Marauders Down Miracle, 5-1 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Stumble in 4-2 Extra Innings Loss to Tortugas - St. Lucie Mets
- Bradenton 5, Fort Myers 1 - Bradenton Marauders
- Seven Threshers Named to FSL All-Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Paul, Rodriguez, Navarreto and Clay Named FSL South All-Stars - Fort Myers Miracle
- Four Tortugas Named to All-Star Game - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Place 5 on FSL South All Star Team - St. Lucie Mets
- Seferina, Gallen Tabbed as FSL South Division All-Stars - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Lowe, Sullivan and Cronenworth Named 2017 FSL All-Stars - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Greg Bird to Begin Rehab Stint with Tampa on Thursday, June 1st - Tampa Yankees
- Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Beau Burrows Selected to Florida State - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Florida State League All-Star Rosters Announced - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Nine Marauders Named to 2017 Florida State League South Division - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Palm Beach Cardinals Stories
- Palm Beach Cardinals Begin Push for Back-to-Back Florida State League Championships
- Rick Ankiel to Throw out Ceremonial First Pitch at Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium on Tuesday, August 14th
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium August & September Promotional Schedule
- Homage to the Beard Night Tuesday, June 26th
- Roger Dean Chevrolet Stadium to Host 2019 Florida State League All-Star Game