Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Beau Burrows Selected to Florida State
Lakeland, FL - The Florida State League (FSL) 2017 All-Star teams have been announced by League President Ken Carson. The Flying Tigers are hosting the 56th annual FSL All-Star Game on Saturday, June 17 at 7:00 p.m. at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium.
Starting pitcher Beau Burrows will represent the Flying Tigers at his home ballpark in Lakeland. Outfielder Ross Kivett was also selected but was recently promoted to Double-A Erie and will not participate in the game.
Beau Burrows currently leads the FSL in ERA (1.23), WHIP (0.97), strikeouts (62) and games started (11). He is second in the league in fewest baserunners/9 IP (9.05) and is tied for 6th in the league with 4 wins and is 6th in batting average against at .221. In 58.2 innings pitched this season, he has allowed only 45 hits and 11 walks. Burrows, 20, was selected by Detroit in the first round (22nd overall) of the 2015 First-Year Player Draft out of Weatherford (TX) High School. He is currently ranked as the #3 prospect in the Tigers organization by MLB.com.
Tickets and ticket packages for Friday and Saturday are available at www.LakelandFlyingTigers.com or by calling (863) 413-4140. The Flying Tigers are a Class Advanced A Affiliate of the Detroit Tigers.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 1, 2017
- Yankees' Comeback Falls Short in 6-4 Loss - Tampa Yankees
- Moats Bails out Stone Crabs in 6-4 Win over Yankees - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Errors Costly Again for Blue Jays in Home Loss - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Waguespack's Start, Garcia's Slam Lift Threshers - Clearwater Threshers
- Helsley Twirls Gem in Palm Beach Victory - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Marauders Down Miracle, 5-1 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Stumble in 4-2 Extra Innings Loss to Tortugas - St. Lucie Mets
- Bradenton 5, Fort Myers 1 - Bradenton Marauders
- Seven Threshers Named to FSL All-Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Paul, Rodriguez, Navarreto and Clay Named FSL South All-Stars - Fort Myers Miracle
- Four Tortugas Named to All-Star Game - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Place 5 on FSL South All Star Team - St. Lucie Mets
- Seferina, Gallen Tabbed as FSL South Division All-Stars - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Lowe, Sullivan and Cronenworth Named 2017 FSL All-Stars - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Greg Bird to Begin Rehab Stint with Tampa on Thursday, June 1st - Tampa Yankees
- Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Beau Burrows Selected to Florida State - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Florida State League All-Star Rosters Announced - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Nine Marauders Named to 2017 Florida State League South Division - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Flying Tigers Stories
- Sportservice at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium
- Detroit Tigers to Host Charity Softball Game Between Wounded Warrior
- Mike Rabelo Named Flying Tigers Manager for 2018 Season
- Flying Tigers Return Home, Fireworks and Sunday Brunch Highlight Series
- Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Matt Hall Named Pitcher of week