Florida State League All-Star Rosters Announced
Lakeland, FL - The Florida State League (FSL) 2017 All-Star teams have been announced by League President Ken Carson. The Flying Tigers are hosting the 56th annual FSL All-Star Game on Saturday, June 17 at 7:00 p.m. at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium. Lakeland has previously hosted the game in 1960, 1999 and 2006.
The Home Run Derby will precede the All-Star Game on Saturday, June 17 starting at 5:15 p.m. and a spectacular fireworks show will follow the game. Following the fireworks show will be a special performance by Ultimate Garth - Garth Brooks Tribute Band. Gates to Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium will open at 4:30 p.m.
All-Star Weekend festivities kickoff on Friday, June 16 at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium with the Battle of the Badges softball game between the Polk County Sherriff's Office and the Lakeland Police Department starting at 6:30 p.m. Following the softball game will be a special performance by Fast Forward - Kenny Chesney Tribute Band. Gates to Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium will open at 6:00 p.m.
The All-Star Game will feature two teams comprised of some of the best prospects in baseball from the North and South Divisions. The North Division includes the Lakeland Flying Tigers (Tigers), Clearwater Threshers (Phillies), Daytona Tortugas (Reds), Dunedin Blue Jays, Florida Fire Frogs (Braves) and Tampa Yankees. The South Division is made up of the Bradenton Marauders (Pirates), Charlotte Stone Crabs (Rays), Fort Myers Miracle (Twins), Jupiter Hammerheads (Marlins), Palm Beach Cardinals and St. Lucie Mets.
Recent Major League All-Star players who have played in the FSL All-Star Game include Robinson Cano, Adrian Beltre, David Wright, Noah Syndergaard, Curtis Granderson, Wade Davis, Ryan Braun, Joe Mauer, Jay Bruce, Jose Reyes, Ryan Howard, Chase Utley, Brett Gardner, Johnny Cueto, Starlin Castro, Alex Colome, Russell Martin, Avisail Garcia, Stephen Vogt, Marcel Ozuna and A.J. Ramos.
Recent Detroit Tigers players who were selected to the FSL All-Star Game include Justin Verlander (2005), Mikie Mahtook (2012), Nicholas Castellanos (2012), James McCann (2012), Bruce Rondon (2012), Shane Greene (2013), Kyle Ryan (2013), Daniel Norris (2014), Jacoby Jones (2015) and Joe Jimenez (2016).
Tickets and ticket packages for Friday and Saturday are available at www.LakelandFlyingTigers.com or by calling (863) 413-4140. The Flying Tigers are a Class Advanced A Affiliate of the Detroit Tigers.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 1, 2017
- Yankees' Comeback Falls Short in 6-4 Loss - Tampa Yankees
- Moats Bails out Stone Crabs in 6-4 Win over Yankees - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Errors Costly Again for Blue Jays in Home Loss - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Waguespack's Start, Garcia's Slam Lift Threshers - Clearwater Threshers
- Helsley Twirls Gem in Palm Beach Victory - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Marauders Down Miracle, 5-1 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Stumble in 4-2 Extra Innings Loss to Tortugas - St. Lucie Mets
- Bradenton 5, Fort Myers 1 - Bradenton Marauders
- Seven Threshers Named to FSL All-Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Paul, Rodriguez, Navarreto and Clay Named FSL South All-Stars - Fort Myers Miracle
- Four Tortugas Named to All-Star Game - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Place 5 on FSL South All Star Team - St. Lucie Mets
- Seferina, Gallen Tabbed as FSL South Division All-Stars - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Lowe, Sullivan and Cronenworth Named 2017 FSL All-Stars - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Greg Bird to Begin Rehab Stint with Tampa on Thursday, June 1st - Tampa Yankees
- Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Beau Burrows Selected to Florida State - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Florida State League All-Star Rosters Announced - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Nine Marauders Named to 2017 Florida State League South Division - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.