Nine Marauders Named to 2017 Florida State League South Division
Bradenton, Fla. - The Bradenton Marauders are proud to announce a franchise record nine players have been selected to the 2017 Florida State League All-Star Team. Five pitchers and four position players were elected to represent the South Division. The South Division All-Stars will be managed by Bradenton Manager Gera Alvarez and coached by the Marauders' coaching staff because the franchise won the 2016 Florida State League championship. The game will be played in Lakeland at newly renovated Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium on Saturday, June 17.
The nine Marauders elected to the South Division All-Star Team are:
RHP Dario Agrazal - Agrazal is 4-2 with an ERA of 3.08. He is among the FSL leaders in innings pitched (61 1/3) and strikeout to walk ratio (45:8).
LHP Jake Brentz - Brentz is 1-2 with an ERA of 4.05. He has two saves and has registered triple digits with his fastball while logging 15 appearances out of the Bradenton bullpen.
LF Logan Hill - Hill has been the premiere run producer in the FSL this season. He leads the circuit in home runs (14), RBIs (42), runs scored (38), and total bases (110).
CF Casey Hughston - Hughston has been an all-around performer for the Marauders in centerfield. In addition to sparkling defense, Hughston has 10 doubles, 5 triples, 4 home runs, and 23 RBIs.
RHP Mitch Keller - Keller is the top pitching prospect in the Pirates organization. Despite being sidelined recently by a back strain, he has posted a 3-2 record and an ERA of 2.93 while striking out 39 batters and walking only eight.
C Christian Kelley - Kelley has added a potent bat to his reputable defensive acumen. The Bradenton backstop is batting .314 with nine extra-base hits and 22 RBIs.
RHP Seth McGarry - A Bradenton native, McGarry has four saves without a blown opportunity. He has been scored on in just two of his 15 appearances and has struck out 22 while posting a 1.27 ERA.
RHP Yunior Montero - Montero has been a workhorse in the Bradenton bullpen, logging 26 1/3 innings and a 4-1 record. He leads the bullpen in strikeouts with 41, a total that is third on the team as a whole.
SS Cole Tucker - The Pirates first round pick in 2014, Tucker has displayed speed and power. He leads the league in stolen bases with 27, which ties him for the franchise record for a single season. Additionally he has recorded nine doubles, five triples, four home runs, and 27 RBIs despite hitting primarily in the leadoff spot.
Ticket information and additional details about the 2017 Florida State League All-Star Game can be accessed at www.LakelandFlyingTigers.com.
The Marauders are currently locked in a tight playoff race with the Palm Beach Cardinals and sit one half game behind the Cardinals for first place in the South Division. The Marauders host the Fort Myers Miracle tonight at Friday night at 6:30 p.m. and begin a four-game series with the Lakeland Flying Tigers on Saturday evening. The LECOM Park box office hours are Tuesday-Friday non-gamedays from 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. On gamedays the box office will be open on weekdays from 11:00 a.m. until the end of the game and on Saturdays from 3:30 until the end of the game. The box office will open two hours prior to Sunday games and 10:30 a.m. games. For more information about the Bradenton Marauders, please call 941-747-3031, visit www.BradentonMarauders.com, or email MaraudersInfo@pirates.com.
• Discuss this story on the Florida State League message board...
Florida State League Stories from June 1, 2017
- Yankees' Comeback Falls Short in 6-4 Loss - Tampa Yankees
- Moats Bails out Stone Crabs in 6-4 Win over Yankees - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Errors Costly Again for Blue Jays in Home Loss - Dunedin Blue Jays
- Waguespack's Start, Garcia's Slam Lift Threshers - Clearwater Threshers
- Helsley Twirls Gem in Palm Beach Victory - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Marauders Down Miracle, 5-1 - Fort Myers Miracle
- Mets Stumble in 4-2 Extra Innings Loss to Tortugas - St. Lucie Mets
- Bradenton 5, Fort Myers 1 - Bradenton Marauders
- Seven Threshers Named to FSL All-Star Team - Clearwater Threshers
- Paul, Rodriguez, Navarreto and Clay Named FSL South All-Stars - Fort Myers Miracle
- Four Tortugas Named to All-Star Game - Daytona Tortugas
- Mets Place 5 on FSL South All Star Team - St. Lucie Mets
- Seferina, Gallen Tabbed as FSL South Division All-Stars - Palm Beach Cardinals
- Lowe, Sullivan and Cronenworth Named 2017 FSL All-Stars - Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Greg Bird to Begin Rehab Stint with Tampa on Thursday, June 1st - Tampa Yankees
- Flying Tigers Starting Pitcher Beau Burrows Selected to Florida State - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Florida State League All-Star Rosters Announced - Lakeland Flying Tigers
- Nine Marauders Named to 2017 Florida State League South Division - Bradenton Marauders
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bradenton Marauders Stories
- All-You-Can-Eat 5-Game Plans Available Monday, October 22
- Pirates Announce 2019 Spring Training Ticket Information
- Marauders Unveil 10th Season Logo and Announce On-Sale Dates
- Marauders' Holiday Dash & Drive Saturday, December 8
- Rachelle Madrigal Wins Emo Murphy Award for Second Time