Second Half Surge Pushes Clips Past Spurs, Tied for Final Playoff Spot
ONTARIO, Calif. - The Agua Caliente Clippers (20-19) took down the Austin Spurs (21-16), 118-104, on Thursday night thanks to a second half surge. With 11 games remaining, the victory moves the team into a three-way tie for the sixth and final playoff spot in the Western Conference.
Down 61-55 at halftime, the Clippers turned on the burners, outscoring the Spurs by 20 in the second half to earn the victory. The team shot 52.1 percent from the field and hit six of their 15 three-point attempts while holding Austin to only 34.9 percent shooting from the field. Agua Caliente also caused nine Spurs turnovers leading to 15 points.
The Clippers were lead by Johnathan Motley's 34 points on and efficient 14-of-26 shooting from the field. Terance Mann, on assignment from the LA Clippers, flirted with a triple-double with 15 points, 11 rebounds, and nine assists.
The Spurs were lead by Quinndary Weatherspoons 19 points, eight rebounds, and five assists.
The Clippers are back in action on Saturday as they head across town to take on the South Bay Lakers. Tip off is at 5 p.m. PST at the UCLA Health Training Center in El Segundo, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 28, 2020
- Stars Knock off Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Fade in Second Half, Fall to Stars 112-91 - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Swarm Fall to Windy City Bulls - Greensboro Swarm
- Bulls Grab Key Road Win over Swarm, 110-107 - Windy City Bulls
- Warriors Acquire Torren Jones - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Swarm Adds KJ McDaniels to Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Phil Cofer - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Cancer Awareness Game this Sunday, March 1 - Long Island Nets
- Legends Acquire Tyler Nelson and Josh Perkins - Texas Legends
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades - Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws Fall to Magic - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Drop Road Contest to Agua Caliente Clippers - Austin Spurs
- Second Half Surge Pushes Clips Past Spurs, Tied for Final Playoff Spot - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers Stories
- Clips Earn Crucial Win in Nail-Biter over Lakers
- Win over Legends Keeps Clips in Playoff Picture
- Clips Comeback But Lose Late Lead to Legends
- Rodriguez's Huge Dunk Overshadowed by Late Loss to Kings
- AC Clippers Celebrate Read Across America Day with Lehigh Elementary