Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Cancer Awareness Game this Sunday, March 1
LONG ISLAND - The Long Island Nets will host their third-annual Cancer Awareness Game, presented by Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, this Sunday, March 1, when the Raptors 905 visit NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Arena doors will open at 2 p.m. and prior to tipoff at 1 p.m., Memorial Sloan Kettering will hold an interactive seminar on cancer prevention and screening with Director of Radiology at MSK Nassau, Lori H. Kelly, MD, and Director of Clinical Dermatology, Ashfaq A. Marghoob, MD.
"The Long Island Nets are proud to host our third annual Cancer Awareness Game," said Alton Byrd, Vice President of Business Operations of the Long Island Nets. "It is important to raise awareness of how people can detect the early signs of cancer and learn from local professionals on ways to prevent this disease."
In addition to her role as Director of Radiology for Memorial Sloan Kettering Nassau, Dr. Kelly also serves as Director of Breast Imaging of the Regional Network. Her areas of clinical expertise are in breast imaging and intervention as well as neuroradiology. Kelly has held residencies at Lenox Hill Hospital and New York Presbyterian Hospital.
Dr. Marghoob is a board certified dermatologist who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of cancers of the skin. Dr. Maghoob serves as the director of Memorial Sloan Kettering's regional skin cancer clinic in Hauppauge. Additionally, Dr. Marghoob also treats patients at the Center's outpatient facility in Manhattan.
The Nets and Pink Tie will continue their ongoing donation initiative by presenting Memorial Sloan Kettering with an on-court check presentation for $1,000. Additionally, the Nets will wear special Cancer Awareness jerseys during the game that will be auctioned off with all proceeds going to Memorial Sloan Kettering.
Tickets for Sunday's game are on-sale now. The $15 ticket includes entrance to the pre-game seminar, a ticket to the Long Island Nets game, and the opportunity to watch the Nets warmup from courtside seats. Tickets can be purchased by contacting Long Island Account Executive, Tommy Bodamer, at [email protected] or by calling 516.744.6358. For more information, please visit www.longislandnets.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from February 28, 2020
- Stars Knock off Hustle - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hustle Fade in Second Half, Fall to Stars 112-91 - Memphis Hustle
- Greensboro Swarm Fall to Windy City Bulls - Greensboro Swarm
- Bulls Grab Key Road Win over Swarm, 110-107 - Windy City Bulls
- Warriors Acquire Torren Jones - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Greensboro Swarm Adds KJ McDaniels to Roster - Greensboro Swarm
- Memphis Hustle Acquire Phil Cofer - Memphis Hustle
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Cancer Awareness Game this Sunday, March 1 - Long Island Nets
- Legends Acquire Tyler Nelson and Josh Perkins - Texas Legends
- Greensboro Swarm Complete Two Trades - Greensboro Swarm
- Red Claws Fall to Magic - Lakeland Magic
- Austin Spurs Drop Road Contest to Agua Caliente Clippers - Austin Spurs
- Second Half Surge Pushes Clips Past Spurs, Tied for Final Playoff Spot - Agua Caliente Clippers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Long Island Nets Stories
- Long Island Ends Three-Game Homestand with Loss to Greensboro
- Long Island Nets Fall to Lakeland Despite Second Half Comeback
- Long Island Nets to Host Nassau County AA Boys and Girls Basketball Championships this Sunday, March 8
- Long Island Nets Defeat Delaware for Third-Straight Victory
- Long Island Nets to Host Third-Annual Women's Empowerment Game, Presented by National Grid, this Wednesday, March 4