SeaWolves Snap Another 6-Game RubberDucks Wining Streak, 10-2
Erie right fielder Brady Policelli and shortstop Ryan Kreidler each homered to help the SeaWolves snap an Akron RubberDuck six-game winning streak for the third time this season with a 10-2 victory in the second game of a six-game series at UPMC Park Wednesday night.
The SeaWolves took the lead in the second inning against Akron left-hander Adam Scott. Designated hitter John Valente hit a one-out single to right field before first baseman Josh Lester grounded into a fielder's choice. With two outs, Policelli hit a two-run homer to left field for a 2-0 SeaWolves lead. Erie added three runs in the fourth inning on Kreidler's homer and five runs in the sixth inning.
Scott allowed Policelli's second-inning home run before a scoreless third inning. In the fouth, he allowed a two-out walk to Policelli and center fielder Riley Greene's double. Left-hander Skylar Arias entered and allowed Kreidler's three-run home run, snapping his 10-outing, 14 1/3-inning scoreless streak with the first homer he had allowed this season. Arias pitched a scoreless fifth inning before allowing a hit batter, Policelli's RBI double, Greene's RBI single and two walks in the sixth inning. Right-hander Manuel Alvarez entered and allowed a two-run single by second baseman Andre Lipcius, with a third run scoring on an error. Alvarez pitched a scoreless seventh, and right-hander Aaron Pinto, in his first outing since June 15, worked a scoreless eighth inning.
The RubberDucks scored on two solo home runs. First baseman Jonathan Engelmann hit his fourth of the season to left field leading off the third inning against Erie right-hander A.J. Ladwig. Center fielder Richie Palacios hit a ninth-inning solo home run to left field off right-hander Ruben Garcia, going deep for the second straight night in Erie.
Akron has a two-game lead in the Southwest Division...Erie has ended three of Akron's four season-long six-game winning streaks this season (also May 12 and June 24)...Akron has outhomered Erie, 22-20, in the season series, but has been outscored, 100-83, and trails, 12 games to eight, with four remaining...Time of game: 2:31...Attendance: 3,065.
On the Pond
The RubberDucks continue their six-game series in Erie at 7:05 p.m. EDT Thursday. Akron LHP Tanner Tully (4-3, 3.46 ERA) is scheduled to face SeaWolves LHP Joey Wentz (0-2, 3.63 ERA). The game broadcast, powered by FirstEnergy, is on 640 WHLO, the 640 WHLO iHeartRadio channel, and akronrubberducks.com, and available on MiLB.TV. Tickets for RubberDucks home games are available at akronrubberducks.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the Double-A Northeast League message board...
Double-A Northeast League Stories from July 28, 2021
- SeaWolves Snap Another 6-Game RubberDucks Wining Streak, 10-2 - Akron RubberDucks
- Fisher Cats Sweep Doubleheader with Sea Dogs on Wednesday - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Sea Dogs Swept in Doubleheader - Portland Sea Dogs
- Four-Run Second Leads Fightins to Win - Somerset Patriots
- Reading's Four Run Inning Helps Top Somerset - Reading Fightin Phils
- Yard Goats Fall to Ponies 3-2 - Hartford Yard Goats
- Ladwig Shines for Erie in Win over Akron - Erie SeaWolves
- Lead Slips away from Senators - Harrisburg Senators
- Squirrels Snap Slide with 5-2 Win over Baysox - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- SeaWolves to Host Wonders Reunion at UPMC Park - Erie SeaWolves
- Game Information - Erie SeaWolves vs. Akron RubberDucks - Erie SeaWolves
- Casey Is Golden as Yard Goats Surge to Win - Hartford Yard Goats
- Flying Squirrels Lose 6-1, Extend Season-High Loss Streak to Six Games - Richmond Flying Squirrels
- Three Early Homers Lift Ducks to 5-3 Win in Erie - Akron RubberDucks
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Akron RubberDucks Stories
- Ducks Rally to Knock out Patriots, 5-4, Earn Championship Berth
- Ducks Beat Patriots, 5-3, Playoff Race to be Decided Sunday
- Ducks Drop to Third Place with 2-0 Loss to Somerset
- Cleveland Indian Shane Bieber to Rehab Sunday at Canal Park
- Ducks in Tie with Patriots After 10-4 Loss