Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Kevin Young off Waivers
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The Santa Cruz Warriors announced today that the team has acquired forward Kevin Young from the NBA G League's waiver wire. The 6'8 forward will be active for tonight's game in Hidalgo, Texas against the Rio Grande Valley (tip-off 5:00 p.m. PDT).
"We're happy to add Kevin Young to the Santa Cruz Warriors and look forward to him making an impact through his energy and effort on both ends of the floor," said Warriors General Manager Kent Lacob.
Young (6-8, 185) recently spent the 2016-17 season with Indios de Mayaguez in the Puerto Rican league Baloncesto Superior Nacional (BSN), where he appeared in 28 games (19 starts) and averaged 9.0 points, 4.4 rebounds and 1.6 assists in 22.9 minutes. The University of Kansas graduate played 14 games with the Maine Red Claws in 2015-16, averaging 1.3 points and 1.8 rebounds in 5.0 minutes.
For more information on the Santa Cruz Warriors 2017-18 season, presented by Kaiser Permanente, please visit santacruzbasketball.com or call (831) 713-4400.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2018
- Vipers Outlast the Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Balanced Drive Overcome BayHawks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall Despite 26 from Bennett - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Forward Kevin Young - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Delaware 87ers Acquire Devondrick Walker - Delaware Blue Coats
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Alex Marzette - Wisconsin Herd
- Texas Legends Celebrate Operation Homefront Night, Built by the Home Depot - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Kevin Young off Waivers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- MidAmerican Energy Company and Iowa Wolves Team up for Annual Go Green Game - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs to Host Fan Appreciation and Go Red Night in Final Game of the Regular Season - Austin Spurs
- Walt Lemon Jr. Returns to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Alan Williams Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Pelicans Sign Larry Drew II to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bighorns Fall at the Buzzer in Overtime - Reno Bighorns
- Millsap, Wolves Outlast Bighorns in Overtime Thriller - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Santa Cruz Warriors Stories
- Golden State Warriors Recall Guard Jacob Evans III from Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Warriors Conclude 2018-19 Season with Defeat to Rio Grande Valley Vipers, 144-125
- Santa Cruz Warriors Advance to Western Conference Finals, Beat the Blue 117-102
- Golden State Warriors Assign Guard Jacob Evans III to Santa Cruz
- Warriors Beat Agua Caliente Clippers 113-109, Match Best Record in NBA G League