MidAmerican Energy Company and Iowa Wolves Team up for Annual Go Green Game
Des Moines, Iowa. - The Iowa Wolves will host a Go Green Night, sponsored by MidAmerican Energy, this Saturday, March 17 at 7:00 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena. The first 1,000 fans in attendance of the game will receive a complimentary green Iowa Wolves t-shirt.
During the game, Wolves players will wear special green uniforms to illustrate the importance of energy efficiency. Fans can stop by the MidAmerican Energy table during the game for more information on energy efficiency and rebates and may also enter to win energy efficient thermostats and other green items to take home (subject to availability). Kids who visit the MidAmerican Energy table can also take home a drawstring bag.
MidAmerican Energy is helping the Iowa Wolves "go green" by retiring renewable energy credits generated from its Pomeroy wind farm to offset 100 percent of the electricity used during the game. This represents a reduction of approximately 81 tons of carbon dioxide emissions, roughly equivalent to the emissions produced from more than 8,200 gallons of gasoline.
In addition to the green initiatives, all active Wolves players' jerseys will be available for silent auction during Saturday's game. The auction will conclude after the third quarter with all proceeds going to MidAmerican Energy's I CARE program. Fans do not need to be present to win.
I CARE donates funds to local agencies to assist customers who are unemployed, living on fixed or low incomes, or experiencing a family crisis in paying their utility bills or making their homes more energy efficient. I CARE funding comes from customer donations, with a 25 percent match by MidAmerican Energy for all funds raised. All donations go directly to the agency that oversees the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) in the area where the contribution originated.
Tickets to Go Green Night are available by calling (515) 564-8550, visiting www.iawolves.com or by stopping by the arena ticket office.
MidAmerican Energy and the Iowa Wolves encourage customers and fans to go green this spring by supporting the team and learning more about ways they can save energy in their homes and businesses. Information about energy efficiency programs and tips are available on MidAmerican Energy's website. Also look for energy efficiency tips on the MidAmerican Energy and Iowa Wolves social media pages, which can be accessed at www.midamericanenergy.com and www.iawolves.com.
MidAmerican Energy Company
MidAmerican Energy Company, Iowa's largest energy company, provides electric service to 760,000 customers and natural gas service to 742,000 customers in Iowa, Illinois, Nebraska and South Dakota. It is headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. Information about MidAmerican Energy is available on the company's website, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube pages, which can be accessed via www.midamericanenergy.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2018
- Vipers Outlast the Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Balanced Drive Overcome BayHawks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall Despite 26 from Bennett - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Forward Kevin Young - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Delaware 87ers Acquire Devondrick Walker - Delaware Blue Coats
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Alex Marzette - Wisconsin Herd
- Texas Legends Celebrate Operation Homefront Night, Built by the Home Depot - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Kevin Young off Waivers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- MidAmerican Energy Company and Iowa Wolves Team up for Annual Go Green Game - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs to Host Fan Appreciation and Go Red Night in Final Game of the Regular Season - Austin Spurs
- Walt Lemon Jr. Returns to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Alan Williams Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Pelicans Sign Larry Drew II to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bighorns Fall at the Buzzer in Overtime - Reno Bighorns
- Millsap, Wolves Outlast Bighorns in Overtime Thriller - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Iowa Wolves, Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx Tip off Pack the Vote Initiative
- Wolves Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Cancel Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Wolves Issue Statement on NBA G League's Decision to Suspend Game Play
- Late Heroics Lift Wolves over Vipers
- Spellman's Triple-Double Not Enough in Home Loss to Warriors