Texas Legends Celebrate Operation Homefront Night, Built by the Home Depot
FRISCO, TX - The Texas Legends were named in concurrence with their purpose- to recognize the nation's true legends in every opportunity. Sunday night's game will be a portrayal of that mission in action as the Legends celebrate Operation Homefront night, presented by The Home Depot.
Operation Homefront was formed over 15 years ago with the mission of building strong, stable, and secure military families so they can thrive in the communities they've worked so hard to protect. The nonprofit provides relief to families through housing programs, resiliency through housing and caregiver services, and recurring family support programs that aim to help military families over the short-term hurdles in order to build a lasting, firm foundation.
"It's always a pleasure for us to get to celebrate our military and the families who support them," said Legends President/General Manager Malcolm Farmer. "We look forward to turning the arena into an off-site Home Depot building project while shining a spotlight on those who allow us to live each day like we do."
On Sunday, March 18th, the Legends will wear custom Operation Homefront jerseys, celebrating the many victories of this organization and the magnitude of their impact on the community. The night was made possible by the Legends' partnership with The Home Depot, a long-time supporter of Operation Homefront.
The Home Depot will take over Dr Pepper Arena on Sunday, turning the Kids' Zone into a workshop, open throughout the game for all kids to create their own building projects. Prior to the game, the Legends will recognize representatives from Operation Homefront and The Home Depot as Legends of the Night and will sell game-worn jerseys after the game, with all proceeds benefiting Operation Homefront.
The Legends will tip off at 5pm, hosting the Agua Caliente Clippers for the final of three matchups this season, with the series currently tied at 1-1. The two teams are currently chasing a playoff spot with Texas (26-20) sitting at fourth in the Western Conference while Agua Caliente (20-24) is 4.5 games back at 10th.
For tickets or information visit www.TexLegends.com or call 214-469-0822.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from March 15, 2018
- Vipers Outlast the Warriors - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Balanced Drive Overcome BayHawks - Grand Rapids Drive
- Red Claws Fall Despite 26 from Bennett - Maine Red Claws
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Forward Kevin Young - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Delaware 87ers Acquire Devondrick Walker - Delaware Blue Coats
- Wisconsin Herd Acquires Alex Marzette - Wisconsin Herd
- Texas Legends Celebrate Operation Homefront Night, Built by the Home Depot - Texas Legends
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Kevin Young off Waivers - Santa Cruz Warriors
- San Antonio Assigns Derrick White to Austin Spurs - Austin Spurs
- MidAmerican Energy Company and Iowa Wolves Team up for Annual Go Green Game - Iowa Wolves
- Austin Spurs to Host Fan Appreciation and Go Red Night in Final Game of the Regular Season - Austin Spurs
- Walt Lemon Jr. Returns to Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Alan Williams Assigned to Northern Arizona Suns - Northern Arizona Suns
- Pelicans Sign Larry Drew II to 10-Day Contract - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Bighorns Fall at the Buzzer in Overtime - Reno Bighorns
- Millsap, Wolves Outlast Bighorns in Overtime Thriller - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Texas Legends Stories
- PRJKT VET Logo to Go on Legends' Court
- Legends Build "ConNEXTions" Youth Mentorship Program
- Texas Pro Sports Teams and Civic Organizations Unite with #TexasTeamUp Campaign to Encourage Voter Turnout in the Lone Star State
- Legends' Home Comerica Center to Serve as Polling Site for 2020 General Election
- Legends Host Voter Registration Event Sep. 22nd