Rush Blanks Grizz 3-0 to Extend Playoff Series
Rapid City, South Dakota - Rapid City Rush goaltender Lukas Parik saved all 43 shots and Gabriel Chabot scored 2 goals to lead to a 3-0 win over the Utah Grizzlies in game 5 of the Mountain Division Finals. Utah leads the series 3 games to 2.
Chabot scored 7:45 in on a power play goal. Chabot found the back of the net for the second time of the first period 17:18 in. Rush led 2-0 after 1 period despite Utah outshooting RC 14 to 8.
In the second period Alec Butcher extended the lead 5:50 in. That concluded the scoring as the Rush won for the second straight night after Utah won the first 3 games of the series.
Trent Miner saved 13 of 16 in the loss for the Grizz, who are now 7-4-1 in postseason play.
Game 6 is on Monday, May 16 at Maverik Center. Face-off is at 7:10 pm and tickets are available at utahgrizzlies.com or by calling (801) 988-8000. The winner of the Mountain Division Finals will face the winner of the Toledo Walleye vs Wheeling Nailers series in the Western Conference Finals. Toledo leads that series 3 games to 0.
Lukas Parik (RC) - 43 save shutout.
Gabriel Chabot (RC) - 2 goals.
Alec Butcher (RC) - 1 goal.
See also:2022 Kelly Cup Playoffs Bear Witness
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 11, 2022
- Rush Blanks Grizz 3-0 to Extend Playoff Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Parik, Rush, Blank Grizzlies, 3-0 - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Defeat Grizz 3-0 to Extend Series to 6th Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Vander Esch Seals Series Sweep for Everblades, 1-0 in OT - Florida Everblades
- Gooch, Saulnier Score Twice as Royals Defeat Growlers in Game 4 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall 6-5 to Royals in Game 4 Thriller - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - May 11 - ECHL
- Game Notes: Game 5 vs Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Gameday: Game 5 in the Black Hills. Utah Leads Series 3-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Adirondack Thunder Part Ways with Head Coach Alex Loh - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Announce Decision on Coaching Plan - Allen Americans
- Everblades One Win Away from Spot in Eastern Conference Finals - Florida Everblades
- Royals Take 2-1 Series Lead into Game 4 against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Rush Defeat Grizz 6-5 to Keep Series Alive - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Defeat Grizz 6-5 in Overtime to Keep Series Alive - Utah Grizzlies
- Nelson, Rush, Charge Back, Beat Utah in OT, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Nelson, Rush, Charge Back, Beat Grizzlies in OT, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.