Adirondack Thunder Part Ways with Head Coach Alex Loh
GLENS FALLS, NY - The Adirondack Thunder, proud ECHL affiliate of the New Jersey Devils and Utica Comets, announced today that the team will not be renewing the contract of Head Coach/Director of Hockey Operations Alex Loh. Below is a statement from the organization:
"We want to thank Alex for his commitment to the organization and his efforts. Alex has been a key piece of this team since its inception and has played a significant role in all our successes. We also want to thank our fans for their support, patience, and enthusiasm during this past season and we will begin the process of finding a new Head Coach immediately."
Loh joined the Thunder as an Assistant Coach prior to the inaugural 2015-16 season and was named Head Coach prior to 2018-19. That year, the team finished in second place in the North Division and qualified for the Kelly Cup Playoffs for the fourth consecutive season. In the pandemic shortened 2019-20 season, Adirondack finished 22-28-8-5. This past year was the first time the Thunder had not earned a playoff spot, finishing the season 27-40-4-0.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 11, 2022
- Rush Blanks Grizz 3-0 to Extend Playoff Series - Utah Grizzlies
- Parik, Rush, Blank Grizzlies, 3-0 - Rapid City Rush
- Rush Defeat Grizz 3-0 to Extend Series to 6th Game - Utah Grizzlies
- Vander Esch Seals Series Sweep for Everblades, 1-0 in OT - Florida Everblades
- Gooch, Saulnier Score Twice as Royals Defeat Growlers in Game 4 - Reading Royals
- Growlers Fall 6-5 to Royals in Game 4 Thriller - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Transactions - May 11 - ECHL
- Game Notes: Game 5 vs Utah - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Gameday: Game 5 in the Black Hills. Utah Leads Series 3-1 - Utah Grizzlies
- Adirondack Thunder Part Ways with Head Coach Alex Loh - Adirondack Thunder
- Americans Announce Decision on Coaching Plan - Allen Americans
- Everblades One Win Away from Spot in Eastern Conference Finals - Florida Everblades
- Royals Take 2-1 Series Lead into Game 4 against Growlers - Reading Royals
- Rush Defeat Grizz 6-5 to Keep Series Alive - Utah Grizzlies
- Rush Defeat Grizz 6-5 in Overtime to Keep Series Alive - Utah Grizzlies
- Nelson, Rush, Charge Back, Beat Utah in OT, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
- Nelson, Rush, Charge Back, Beat Grizzlies in OT, 6-5 - Rapid City Rush
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Adirondack Thunder Stories
- Thunder Re-Sign Forward Colin Long for 2022-23 Season
- Pete MacArthur Named Fourth Head Coach in Adirondack Thunder History
- Adirondack Thunder Announce 2022 Protected List
- Adirondack Thunder Part Ways with Head Coach Alex Loh
- Thunder Announce 2022-23 Regular Season Schedule