Royals Sign Swenson | Promo Schedule/Single-Game Tix Available Friday
Reading, PA - Reading Royals Head Coach Kirk MacDonald announced Thursday the Royals have agreed to terms on an ECHL contract with forward Seth Swenson. He is the 13th forward to sign with the Royals for the 2019-20 season. Additionally, the Royals announced single-game tickets and the team's promotional schedule will be available at 10:00 a.m. on Fri., Sept. 6.
Swenson played the past five seasons for the University of Guelph (USports) and scored 80 points for the Gryphons. Last season, he compiled 11 points (2g) and the school made it to Canada's University Cup tournament. The Parker, CO native stands 6-foot-1 and weighs 205 pounds. He played five seasons in the OHL before his USports career.
2019-20 Royals roster
Goaltender (1): #35 Trevor Gorsuch
Defensemen (5): #6 Garrett Cecere, #19 Garret Cockerill, #27 Jeremy Beaudry, #75 Joe Masonius, #77 Jimmy Mazza
Forwards (13): #7 Trevor Gooch, #9 Brayden Low, #13 Olivier Labelle, #15 Trevor Yates, #16 Hayden Hodgson, #17 Brendan Robbins, #18 Judd Peterson, #21 Frank DiChiara, #23 Drew Melanson, #28 Brady Wiffen, #44 Seth Swenson, #67 Max Willman, #81 Corey Mackin
They said it
Swenson: "Being my first year pro, I did a lot of research as I'm sure the teams did on players. I had connections that had gone through Reading in the past and they all had great things to say. I'm a two-way player... and willing to play a lot of different roles."
MacDonald: "Seth received a lot of experience at the USports level and put together a nice career at Guelph. It's important for him and the team to get off to a good start when we hit the ice in late September."
The right-handed shot tied for fourth in the Ontario University Athletics conference in power-play goals (6) during the 2016-17 campaign.
Swenson played in the WHL from 2009-14, starting with Portland before moving north to Seattle then Lethbridge. He scored 41 goals and 106 points over 306 major junior games and was credited with ten fighting majors.
New for the 2019-20 season, take advantage of the Royals 5-Game Mini Plan that kicks off Opening Night on Sat., Oct. 19 at 7:00 p.m. and includes a meal for every game, a Reading Royals Hat, an exclusive fan experience, an autographed team picture and a guaranteed giveaway for each of the 5 games. Purchase your seat or seats today by calling 610-898-7825 or by visiting https://bit.ly/2LSHBp8.
The first Royals' home game on Oct. 19 vs. Maine features a massive block party, games, food, drinks and a special "Downtown Alive" concert on Penn Street before the home opener.
Royals season memberships are available for 2019-20 by heading to royalshockey.com/restoretheroar, visiting the Royals Box Office at Santander Arena (700 Penn Street) and calling 610-898-7825.
For the latest team news, visit royalshockey.com/news, and follow the team on Facebook (Facebook.com/ReadingRoyals), Twitter (Twitter.com/ReadingRoyals) and Instagram (Instagram.com/ReadingRoyals). Use #RestoreTheRoar to join the conversation.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 5, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2019-2020 Promotional Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bostock and VanderVeeken to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Add Offensive Punch on the Blue-Line with Addition of Turner Ottenbreit - Allen Americans
- Everblades Continue to Bolster Offense, Add Michael Huntebrinker - Florida Everblades
- Royals Sign Swenson | Promo Schedule/Single-Game Tix Available Friday - Reading Royals
- IceMen Add AHL Experience with the Addition of Garret Ross - Jacksonville IceMen
- Forward Joe Basaraba Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Alex Carrier Re-Ups with Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Announce 1st Inaugural Season Ticket Holder Carnival October 2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers to Debut Throwback St. John's Maple Leafs Jerseys in 2019-20 - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reading Royals Stories
- Pair of Blue Liners Cockerill and Drake Return for Purple and Orange
- This Saturday: Radio Recon Returns to Beverly Hills Tavern
- Royals Nab F Vanderlaan from Kansas City for Future Considerations
- Mackin Returns on ECHL Contract Following Stellar Rookie Season
- Royals Next Player Signing Tuesday at Noon on Facebook Live