Everblades Continue to Bolster Offense, Add Michael Huntebrinker
ESTERO, Fla. - The Florida Everblades made another significant offseason acquisition on Thursday to further bolster the team's offensive depth for the 2019-20 season.
Everblades General Manager Craig Brush, along with head coach Brad Ralph, announced that the 'Blades have agreed to terms with forward Michael Huntebrinker, a proven producer at the ECHL level who split time in the American Hockey League and ECHL in 2018-19.
"Huntebrinker is a standout," Ralph said. "He's an intelligent, hard-working player that can play in all situations. He will lead our team offensively and certainly adds to our desire to be the best."
Heading into his third professional season, Huntebrinker is coming off a sensational sophomore campaign that saw him average better than a point per game with the ECHL's Reading Royals. Huntebrinker, 27, totaled 44 points (18g-26a) in only 36 games and finished with the highest points-per-game average of any Royals player who played in more than 30 games. The Chesterfield, Missouri, native also suited up in 22 games for the AHL's Lehigh Valley Phantoms and tabbed a pair of goals.
A product of Minnesota State University, Mankato, Huntebrinker played the entire 2017-18 season with the Royals and saw action in 65 games. The 5-foot-11, 195-pound winger finished sixth in overall scoring for Reading that season with 41 points (20g-21a) and more than doubled the next-highest point total of a Royals rookie skater.
Prior to turning pro with Reading at the end of the 2016-17 season, Huntebrinker played four seasons for MSU from 2013-17. He registered 15 goals and 53 points in 124 career games with the Mavericks. He helped lead MSU to a WCHA regular season championship in 2013-14 and a Broadmoor Trophy, the postseason championship in the WCHA, in both the 2013-14 and 2014-15 seasons.
Florida starts the 2019-20 season on the road before returning to Hertz Arena for Opening Night on Saturday, Oct. 19.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from September 5, 2019
- Swamp Rabbits Release 2019-2020 Promotional Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bostock and VanderVeeken to Return for Opening Weekend - Rapid City Rush
- Americans Add Offensive Punch on the Blue-Line with Addition of Turner Ottenbreit - Allen Americans
- Everblades Continue to Bolster Offense, Add Michael Huntebrinker - Florida Everblades
- Royals Sign Swenson | Promo Schedule/Single-Game Tix Available Friday - Reading Royals
- IceMen Add AHL Experience with the Addition of Garret Ross - Jacksonville IceMen
- Forward Joe Basaraba Returns to Steelheads for 2019-20 Season - Idaho Steelheads
- Alex Carrier Re-Ups with Thunder - Adirondack Thunder
- Royals Announce 1st Inaugural Season Ticket Holder Carnival October 2 - Reading Royals
- Growlers to Debut Throwback St. John's Maple Leafs Jerseys in 2019-20 - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Florida Everblades Stories
- Tanner Jeannot Recalled to AHL's Milwaukee Admirals
- 'Blades Weekly: Rivalry with Orlando Starts up this Weekend
- Second Period Burst Sends 'Blades Past Norfolk on Opening Night
- 'Blades Open Home Schedule against Admirals
- Michael Downing Loaned to AHL's Bakersfield Condors