Royals Sign Kalem Parker & Brayden Schuurman
Victoria, BC - The Victoria Royals are proud to announce the signing of defenceman Kalem Parker (2004) and forward Brayden Schuurman (20004) to Western Hockey League (WHL) Standard Player Agreements.
Parker was selected in the second round, 32nd overall, by the Royals in the 2019 Bantam Draft this past May.
"Parker is a talented young defenceman who plays the game with vision and speed," Royals' President and General Manager Cameron Hope said. "He has the tools to be an excellent player in our league in the future, and we are pleased to have him join our organization."
The product of Clavet, SK spent the 2018-19 campaign with the Martensville Marauders of the Saskatchewan Bantam AA Hockey League (SBAAHL). In 30 games with the Marauders, Parker tallied 36 points (6g-30a) and finished the season second in scoring amongst defenceman on his team.
The Abbotsford, BC native was drafted by Victoria in the fourth round, 69th overall, in the 2019 Bantam Draft this past May.
"Brayden does many things very well on the ice. He is a talented, strong skater who made a real impression at camp," Hope said. "We are happy to welcome Brayden to the Royals' family."
The 5-9, 174 lb forward spent the 2018-19 campaign with the Yale Hockey Academy Bantam Prep Team of the Canadian Sports School Hockey League (CSSHL). In 29 regular season games with the club, Schuurman tallied 37 points (17g-20a), along with 26 minutes in penalties. He registered four points (1g-3a) over five postseason contests for his club, as he captained them to the 2018-19 CSSHL Bantam Prep Championship.
The Royals' annual intra-squad game is tonight at 7:05 p.m. at Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre. Admission to the contest will be by donation with general admission seating, while hot dogs, popcorn and pop will be available for only $2.00 each.
Season Ticket packages are on sale now - reserve your seat for all 34 home games. Benefits include access to our flexible "Never Wasted Ticket" exchange policy, first opportunity on giveaway items, choice of best seats, and much more! Call our ticket office at 250-220-7889 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to set up an appointment to view availability.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2019
- Silvertips Sign U.S. Born Prospect, Junior Silvertips Product, and Forward Brendan Lee to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Everett Silvertips
- Masters Making An Impact in Rebels Camp - Red Deer Rebels
- Hitmen 2019 Training Camp Day Two Reca - Calgary Hitmen
- Maric Slipped to Fifth Round of Bantam Draft, But Rebels Confident They Got a Bargain - Red Deer Rebels
- Toporowski to Compete at Winnipeg Jets' Rookie Tournament - Spokane Chiefs
- Sloan Joins Ams for Pre-Season Tournaments - Tri-City Americans
- Broncos Acquire Swift Current Native De Klerk from Spokane - Swift Current Broncos
- Chiefs Acquire Draft Pick for Prospect De Klerk - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Sign Prospects Chyzowski and Thompson - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Announce 2019-20 Ticket On-Sale Dates - Victoria Royals
- Raiders Sign Ilya Usau - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Sign Pair of Defencemen - Victoria Royals
- Chiefs Sign Raegan Wiles to WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Sign Kalem Parker & Brayden Schuurman - Victoria Royals
- WHL Next Generation: Colton Dach - Saskatoon Blades
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2019-20 Promotional Nights - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets unveil new uniforms and Canadian Cancer Society Pink in the Rink jersey - Kelowna Rockets
- Tickets on Sale for 2019 Prairie Classic - Regina Pats
- Tigers Announce Leadership Group for 19/20 Season - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.