Raiders Sign Ilya Usau
Prince Albert, SK - The Prince Albert Raiders are proud to announce the signing of 2001-born centre Ilya Usau to a WHL Standard Player Agreement.
Usau, who hails from Denver, Colorado, played prep hockey for Salisbury School in Connecticut for the past two seasons. In 56 games over that span, the 6'1, 181-lb forward had 15 goals and 18 assists.
"Ilya was a walk-on along with 2001 draft class at our training camp three years ago," said Raiders General Manager Curtis Hunt. "He's a player we've been pursuing to join our program. He has extensive international experience and we're excited to bring him into our group."
Earlier in his career, Usau suited up for the Colorado Evolution at the U14 and U15 levels. In his midget year in 2016-17, he scored 26 goals and added 34 assists in 21 games. That team was also a finalist at the 2017 USA Hockey Youth 15 Tier 1 Nationals. Usau led the tournament in goals (eight) and points (14) in five games.
The Raiders' 2019 Training Camp begins on Friday and runs through the weekend. On-ice sessions are open to the public. The camp concludes with the annual Green And White Game on Monday, September 2 at 1 p.m. Admission to the game is a non-perishable food item or a $2 donation for the Prince Albert Food Bank.
Season tickets for the 2019-20 campaign are still available. Visit or call the Raiders Office for more information, or head to raiderhockey.com.
The 2019-20 Home Opener is Friday, September 20 when the Saskatoon Blades visit the Art Hauser Centre. Puck drop is 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from August 29, 2019
- Silvertips Sign U.S. Born Prospect, Junior Silvertips Product, and Forward Brendan Lee to a WHL Standard Player Agreement - Everett Silvertips
- Masters Making An Impact in Rebels Camp - Red Deer Rebels
- Hitmen 2019 Training Camp Day Two Reca - Calgary Hitmen
- Maric Slipped to Fifth Round of Bantam Draft, But Rebels Confident They Got a Bargain - Red Deer Rebels
- Toporowski to Compete at Winnipeg Jets' Rookie Tournament - Spokane Chiefs
- Sloan Joins Ams for Pre-Season Tournaments - Tri-City Americans
- Broncos Acquire Swift Current Native De Klerk from Spokane - Swift Current Broncos
- Chiefs Acquire Draft Pick for Prospect De Klerk - Spokane Chiefs
- Winterhawks Sign Prospects Chyzowski and Thompson - Portland Winterhawks
- Royals Announce 2019-20 Ticket On-Sale Dates - Victoria Royals
- Raiders Sign Ilya Usau - Prince Albert Raiders
- Royals Sign Pair of Defencemen - Victoria Royals
- Chiefs Sign Raegan Wiles to WHL Agreement - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Sign Kalem Parker & Brayden Schuurman - Victoria Royals
- WHL Next Generation: Colton Dach - Saskatoon Blades
- Vancouver Giants Announce 2019-20 Promotional Nights - Vancouver Giants
- Rockets unveil new uniforms and Canadian Cancer Society Pink in the Rink jersey - Kelowna Rockets
- Tickets on Sale for 2019 Prairie Classic - Regina Pats
- Tigers Announce Leadership Group for 19/20 Season - Medicine Hat Tigers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Prince Albert Raiders Stories
- Statement from the Raiders Regarding the Government of Saskatchewan's Announcement of Support for Junior Hockey
- Saskatchewan WHL Teams Launch Hockey Harvest Lottery
- Watts Signs with Wichita Thunder
- Guhle Invited to World Juniors Selection Camp
- Three Raiders, One Prospect Make NHL Central Scouting's Preliminary Players to Watch List