Royals Get Three from Hershey
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Washington Capitals of the National Hockey League and the Hershey Bears of the American Hockey League, today announced that the Capitals have recalled forward Danick Paquette and reassigned him to the Bears. In other transactions announced today, Washington also reassigned defenseman Brett Flemming from Hershey to Reading; and the Bears loaned forwards Matt Pope and T.J. Syner to the Royals. In a separate transaction also announced today, the Royals released defenseman Anthony Pisano from his ECHL contract.
The marks the first recall from Reading to Hershey for Paquette, who was assigned to the Royals on December 15, 2012. A third year pro from Montreal, Quebec, Paquette has four points (1g-3a) and sixty-two penalty minutes in fourteen games with Reading. Paquette, who played four AHL games for the Chicago Wolves in the 2008-09 season, has not yet appeared in a game for the Bears.
This is the sixth time this season that Flemming has been assigned to Reading. A second year pro who was born in Regina, Saskatchewan, Flemming has eleven points (2g-9a) and sixty-four penalty minutes in thirty-eight games with the Royals. In five games with Hershey this year, Flemming has one assist and two penalty minutes.
This marks the third trip of the season to Reading for Pope, a fifth year pro from Langley, British Columbia. Pope has recorded three points (1g-2a) and two penalty minutes in three games with the Royals this season. In twenty-eight games with the Bears this year, Pope has five points (1g-4a) and eight penalty minutes.
Syner, a first year pro from Springfield, Massachusetts, began the season with the Royals and recorded five points (2g-3a) in five games with Reading. He was recalled to the Bears on October 27, 2012, and has registered seven points (3g-4a) and fifteen penalty minutes in thirty-two games with Hershey.
Pisano, a second year pro who was born in New York, New York, was signed by the Royals on January 31. He played one game with the Royals without recording any points or penalty minutes..
The Royals continue the team's five game road trip tomorrow (Friday, February 8, 2013 @ 7:05 pm) against the Trenton Titans at Sun National Bank Center in Trenton, New Jersey. The Game Night Broadcast kicks off at 6:35 pm tomorrow on CBS Sports Radio (1240 am and 98.5 fm). As with all Royals' road games this year, Friday's game will be televised locally in Berks County, Pennsylvania, on BCTV courtesy of Boscov's Travel and Apple Vacations. Royals multi-game flex plans for the 2012-13 season presented by Steve Moyer Subaru are available at 610-898-7825 and through the Royals website: www.royalshockey.com. Don't forget to "Like" us on Facebook at Reading Royals and "Follow" us on Twitter @RRoyalshockey for the latest team information.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 7, 2013
- Nailers Battle Back to Earn Point, After Trailing Through 40 Minutes - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Fall 2-1 to Toledo - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Everblades Topple Solar Bears 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Former Nailers Lead Gwinnett to 3-2 Shootout Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Veteran Center Harrison Reed Loaned to Lake Erie - Stockton Thunder
- Trenton Continues to Adjust Roster - Trenton Titans
- Trenton Titans Continue to Build, Boasting Mid-Season Increases Over - Trenton Titans
- Busy Three-Game Weekend for Aces Begins Friday - Alaska Aces
- Royals Get Three from Hershey - Reading Royals
- Scoran Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Colton Yellow Horn Receives First AHL Call-Up - Ontario Reign
- Guimond Called up to AHL Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 7 - ECHL
- K-Wings Sign Myron - Kalamazoo Wings
- Colorado Eagles Players to Help Kids with Special Needs Learn to Skate - Colorado Eagles
- Niemi Reassigned to Whale; Road Warriors Sign Helmbrecht - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Forward Alex MacLeod Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Introducing CyclonesRewards.Com - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - February 7 - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings To Host Walleye During 2nd Annual Komen Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Arcobello Becomes 495th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- ECHL Today - February 7 - ECHL
- Reign Keep Streak Alive with 4-2 Win over Condors - Ontario Reign
- SF Bulls Wrangled by Las Vegas, 5-0 - San Francisco Bulls
- Mark Arcobello Makes it Nine From Thunder to NHL - Stockton Thunder
- Tremblay Scores Twice in Third, But Condors Fall Late to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Home Ice Treats Idaho Well in 7-3 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Double up Komets, 2-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Idaho Takes It to Utah 7-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.