Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - February 7
Who: Orlando (21-22-2-3, 47pts) vs.
Florida Everblades (Tampa Bay and Carolina) (22-16-4-4, 52pts)
Where: Amway Center - Orlando, FL
When: 7:00 p.m.
Listen Live: iHeartSolarBears.com, 740thegame.com, iheart.com/live/601/ - Pregame starts at 6:45 p.m.
Watch Live: America One
Follow: Game Updates on Twitter at @OSBHockeyGU
Social Media: Follow on Facebook and Twitter
The Solar Bears look to continue their winning ways on home ice tonight as they take on the Florida Everblades at the Amway Center. Orlando has earned at least one point in nine straight games on home, including posting a 2-0-0-1 record in three games last week. The Solar Bears earned a 6-4 win over the Trenton Titans in the team's last outing, coming back from a 4-3 third-period deficit to earn the victory. Florida faced the same two opponents as the Solar Bears did last week, taking down the Titans 5-2 on Wednesday, falling to Trenton 5-4 in overtime on Friday, and losing 6-1 to Greenville on Saturday. Orlando and Florida have met nine times this season, with the Solar Bears holding a 6-2-1-0 edge. The two sides last met in an 8-4 victory for the Solar Bears at the Amway Center.
Solar Bears Notes:
F Ryan Ginand scored in the second period on Saturday night, his first goal since December 7 against Fort Wayne. It was his 50th professional goal. He returned from the 21-day IR last Friday... C Ryan Cruthers is currently on a seven game point streak (6 goals, 3 assists), the longest of the year for the Solar Bears... F Michael Neal is currently on a five game point streak (4 goals, 3 assists)... The Solar Bears are 5-1-1-2 at home against opponents from the South Division... The Solar Bears have killed off 20 straight penalties dating back to the third period against the South Carolina Stingrays on January 27... Orlando has earned at least one point in each of the their last nine home games dating back to December 9 against the Fort Wayne Komets (8-0-0-1)... C Mathew Sisca leads the Solar Bears with 15 points in nine games against the Everblades... D James Sanford is expected to make his Solar Bears debut tonight... F Ryan Ginand is two goals away from his 50th ECHL goal... C Ryan Cruthers is 1 PIM shy of 400 in his professional career... D Derick Martin is 1 PIM shy of 500 in his career... G Mike Brodeur, D Sean Lorenz, D Jesse Dudas and D Josh Caron remain on the 21-day IR. G John Curry remains on reserve and is not expected to dress tonight.
LW Mathieu Roy is tied for 12th in the ECHL with 46 points... LW Matt Marquardt is tied for third with six game-winning goals... D Bobby Raymond is tied for fourth among defensemen with eight goals. He leads all ECHL defensemen with a 16.7 percent shooting percentage... D Olivier Dame-Malka is second among defensemen in shots on goal, tied for second among defensemen with six power play goals, and is fifth among defensemen with 29 minor penalties... The Everblades have given up the third fewest power play chances against in the ECHL... Florida is 2nd on the power play at 22.8 percent (46-for-202) and 17th on the penalty kill at 80.3 percent (143-for-178)... LW Mathieu Roy leads the Everblades in goals (16), assists (30), and points (46).
Zooperstars Performance/Local 6 Night
Faith and Family Weekend/Three Live Bands/Food Drives for
Christian Service Center
Guns and Hoses Charity Hockey Game to Benefit JDRF
Post-Game Skate and Autograph Session for Season Ticket Holders
First Responders Week
Turn Back the Clock/American Heart Association Night
Star Wars Night
BE GREAT! Classic for Kids to benefit Boys and Girls Clubs
of Central Florida/ Scout Night
St. Patrick's Day Special Jersey
Fan Appreciation Game
For more information call the Solar Bears Executive Offices at 407-951-8200.
The Solar Bears face the Everblades tonight and tomorrow, Friday, February 8, both games start at 7:00 p.m. Good seats still available, visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com.
The Orlando Solar Bears, the ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Minnesota Wild and AHL's Houston Aeros, play all of their home games at the 2012 Street and Smith's Sports Business Journal Sports Facility of the Year, the Amway Center.
Individual tickets for all regular season home games are on sale beginning as low as $15. To purchase your tickets, please visit www.OrlandoSolarBearsHockey.com or the Amway Center Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from February 7, 2013
- Nailers Battle Back to Earn Point, After Trailing Through 40 Minutes - Wheeling Nailers
- Road Warriors Fall 2-1 to Toledo - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Everblades Topple Solar Bears 3-1 - Orlando Solar Bears
- Former Nailers Lead Gwinnett to 3-2 Shootout Win - Atlanta Gladiators
- Veteran Center Harrison Reed Loaned to Lake Erie - Stockton Thunder
- Trenton Continues to Adjust Roster - Trenton Titans
- Trenton Titans Continue to Build, Boasting Mid-Season Increases Over - Trenton Titans
- Busy Three-Game Weekend for Aces Begins Friday - Alaska Aces
- Royals Get Three from Hershey - Reading Royals
- Scoran Added to Roster - Idaho Steelheads
- Colton Yellow Horn Receives First AHL Call-Up - Ontario Reign
- Guimond Called up to AHL Norfolk - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - February 7 - ECHL
- K-Wings Sign Myron - Kalamazoo Wings
- Colorado Eagles Players to Help Kids with Special Needs Learn to Skate - Colorado Eagles
- Niemi Reassigned to Whale; Road Warriors Sign Helmbrecht - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Forward Alex MacLeod Returns to Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Introducing CyclonesRewards.Com - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Florida Everblades - February 7 - Orlando Solar Bears
- K-Wings Live Returns on Monday - Kalamazoo Wings
- K-Wings To Host Walleye During 2nd Annual Komen Game - Kalamazoo Wings
- Arcobello Becomes 495th ECHL Player to Reach NHL - ECHL
- ECHL Today - February 7 - ECHL
- Reign Keep Streak Alive with 4-2 Win over Condors - Ontario Reign
- SF Bulls Wrangled by Las Vegas, 5-0 - San Francisco Bulls
- Mark Arcobello Makes it Nine From Thunder to NHL - Stockton Thunder
- Tremblay Scores Twice in Third, But Condors Fall Late to Ontario - Bakersfield Condors
- Home Ice Treats Idaho Well in 7-3 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Eagles Double up Komets, 2-1 - Colorado Eagles
- Idaho Takes It to Utah 7-3 - Utah Grizzlies
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.