Roughnecks at Saint Louis Saturday
The Roughnecks are back on the road Saturday, making the trip up Interstate 44 to face Saint Louis FC at 7:30pm Saturday night. It is the first of four meetings this season between the two clubs.
THE BROADCASTS - Fans in Tulsa can listen to the match live on AM 1300 with Jeremie Poplin calling the action. The pregame show will begin at 7:15PM. The Saint Louis F.C. production of the match will be available for viewing online through the USL Match Center.
WATCH PARTY IN TULSA - Empire Bar will host the official Watch Party for the match. It will be a Watch Party doubleheader as the USA Copa Centenario match with Paraguay will also be shown at Empire with kickoff for that match scheduled for 6:00PM. Empire is open for all fans ages 21 and over.
THE TWO TEAMS- Both teams will be looking to end winless streaks in the match. The Roughnecks have suffered three straight defeats, while Saint Louis has tied twice and lost in its last three outings. Tulsa has 7 points in 11 matches this season while Saint Louis has 16 in 12 games.
THIS SEASON - It will be the third of four meetings between the Interstate 44 rivals. On April 16, the two sides played to a 0-0 draw in St. Louis, while the Roughnecks suffered a 5-2 defeat at ONEOK Field on May 21. Tulsa actually led 2-1 at halftime, but surrendered four second-half goals as Iarfhlaith Davoren was given a straight red card in only the 16th minute.
GETTING HEALED - Tulsa is expected to be near full strength for the match for the first time this season. Goalkeeper Alex Mangels is expected to be the only casualty as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury. Newcomer Hunter Harrison is expected to backup Jake Feener in the match.
GARRY LEWIS JOINS ROUGHNECKS ON LOAN - Midfielder Garry Lewis has officially joined the Roughnecks on loan from the Jacksonville Armada of the North American Soccer League. The University of North Carolina product has spent time in Finland prior to joining the Armada prior to this season.
CLASH OF TOP GOAL SCORERS - Saturday's match will be a meeting of two of the USL's top goal scorers this season. Roughnecks captain Sammy Ochoa and Saint Louis forward Irving Herrera are tied for fourth in the league with six goals each. Four of Herrera's goals came during the Saint Louis victory at ONEOK Field on May 21.
ROUGHNECKS TO BE FEATURED ON ESPN 3 - Each of the next two home matches for the Roughnecks will be televised live from ONEOK Field on ESPN 3 as part of the USL's new Game of the Week package. The two matches will include the June 17 meeting with the Los Angeles Galaxy II and the July 1 matchup with Arizona United. It will be the first-ever national appearances for the Roughnecks.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 10, 2016
- Independence Fall 1-0 to Bethlehem Steel at Home - Charlotte Independence
- Roughnecks at Saint Louis Saturday - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- FC Montreal Faces FC Cincinnati Saturday Night - FC Montreal
- San Antonio FC Names Nick Evans SAFC Pro Academy Director - San Antonio FC
- Tony Walls' Contract Terminated - Rochester Rhinos
- Upcoming Louisville City FC Match to Air on ESPN3, MeTV - Louisville City FC
- Real Monarchs Continue Tour Saturday in Reno against Sacramento - Real Monarchs SLC
- Preview: Swope Park Rangers Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 on Sunday - Swope Park Rangers
- Match Preview: Sacramento Republic FC vs Real Monarchs SLC - Sacramento Republic FC
- FC Montreal Signs Defender Brandon Onkony - FC Montreal
- USL Weekend Preview - Week 12 - USL
- Bethlehem Steel FC to Take on Charlotte Independence - Bethlehem Steel FC
- Arizona United Looks to Kickstart Offensive Attack against OC Blues FC - Phoenix Rising FC
- RGV FC Toros Host Oklahoma City Energy FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- City Islanders Face Philadelphia Union in U.S. Open Cup Round 4 Wednesday - Penn FC
- Match Preview: San Antonio FC Travels to Face Portland Timbers 2 for First Time in Club History - San Antonio FC
- Louisville City Hosts Hammerheads for Game 12 - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- Riverhounds Sign Jack Thompson - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rochester Rhinos Take on Toronto FC on the Road - Rochester Rhinos
- OCB Looks to Bounce Back against Charleston Battery - Orlando City B
- Louisville City FC Back Home Saturday vs. Wilmington - Louisville City FC
- Kickers Host Pittsburgh Saturday - Richmond Kickers
- Sounders FC 2 Tops Whitecaps FC 2 by a Score of 3-2 in Cascadia Clash at Starfire Stadium - Tacoma Defiance
- Greig, Frano Score But WFC2 Comeback Effort Falls Short in Wild Cascadia Derby Match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.