Louisville City Hosts Hammerheads for Game 12
Wilmington, NC - Louisville City FC will host the Wilmington Hammerheads in game 12 at Slugger Field this Saturday, June 11th.
Louisville leads the Eastern Conference this season with 27 points, and an 8-1-3 record. The Hammerheads, who stand in eighth place, have accumulated 15 points, with a 4-4-3 record. Despite Louisville's strong stance, the Hammerheads are coming off of a successful week winning in Toronto, the third round of the Open Cup, and at home against Harrisburg.
Head coach Mark Briggs stated, "We have carried that winning momentum from last week into our training. The team has had a few days off for recovery, but since returning, they show nothing but determination." He continued, "We have found ourselves in a good position at this point in the season and hope to continue earning points in Louisville this Saturday."
Powerhouse forward #22 Kyle Parker had a strong week scoring two goals against Harrisburg, including the winning goal. Parker was named Player to watch, Man of the Match, and was named Player of the Week by the USL. Parker received 64 percent of the poll conducted by a national panel of independent media representing every USL market. Louisville's Andy Lubahn and the Portland Timbers 2's Neco Brett finished second with 18 percent apiece.
Parker elaborated, "We just want to keep our winning mentality going. It was a long and challenging week, yet we came out on top. We are going into the Louisville match with confidence and aiming for three more points."
Along with Parker, Louisville's # Andy Lubahn made last week's USL's Team of the Week. Lubahn had an instant impact for a 10-man City side as his goal and assist helped the team earn a comeback 4-3 win on the road against Orlando.
Player to Watch
For the Hammerheads, midfielder #10 Justin Moose is a key player to keep an eye on during tomorrows match. He's already played 706 minutes in the regular USL season and scored during the fifth minute of the Miami FC Open Cup match last week; which contributed to the Hammerheads advancing to the fourth round in the Open Cup. Moose plays a smart game in the center of the field, as one of the dominating midfielders. His speed and careful placement make him a dangerous component for the Hammerheads developing offense.
Saturday's match is a great opportunity for the Hammerheads to continue their advancement in the standings. Briggs concluded, "Louisville will be a challenging game, as they stand in first place. We will have to work twice as hard, and play a smart game to win."
You can catch the game live at the Fox & Hound Sports Tavern in Wilmington this Saturday! Kick-off is set for 7:30pm at Slugger Field in Louisville. Join the Wilmington community and cheer on your Hammerheads!
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from June 10, 2016
- Independence Fall 1-0 to Bethlehem Steel at Home - Charlotte Independence
- Roughnecks at Saint Louis Saturday - FC Tulsa
- FC Montreal Faces FC Cincinnati Saturday Night - FC Montreal
- San Antonio FC Names Nick Evans SAFC Pro Academy Director - San Antonio FC
- Tony Walls' Contract Terminated - Rochester Rhinos
- Upcoming Louisville City FC Match to Air on ESPN3, MeTV - Louisville City FC
- Real Monarchs Continue Tour Saturday in Reno against Sacramento - Real Monarchs SLC
- Preview: Swope Park Rangers Face Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2 on Sunday - Sporting Kansas City II
- Match Preview: Sacramento Republic FC vs Real Monarchs SLC - Sacramento Republic FC
- FC Montreal Signs Defender Brandon Onkony - FC Montreal
- USL Weekend Preview - Week 12 - USL
- Bethlehem Steel FC to Take on Charlotte Independence - Philadelphia Union II
- Arizona United Looks to Kickstart Offensive Attack against OC Blues FC - Phoenix Rising FC
- RGV FC Toros Host Oklahoma City Energy FC - Rio Grande Valley FC Toros
- City Islanders Face Philadelphia Union in U.S. Open Cup Round 4 Wednesday - Penn FC
- Match Preview: San Antonio FC Travels to Face Portland Timbers 2 for First Time in Club History - San Antonio FC
- Louisville City Hosts Hammerheads for Game 12 - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- Riverhounds Sign Jack Thompson - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Rochester Rhinos Take on Toronto FC on the Road - Rochester Rhinos
- OCB Looks to Bounce Back against Charleston Battery - Orlando City B
- Louisville City FC Back Home Saturday vs. Wilmington - Louisville City FC
- Kickers Host Pittsburgh Saturday - Richmond Kickers
- Sounders FC 2 Tops Whitecaps FC 2 by a Score of 3-2 in Cascadia Clash at Starfire Stadium - Tacoma Defiance
- Greig, Frano Score But WFC2 Comeback Effort Falls Short in Wild Cascadia Derby Match - Vancouver Whitecaps FC 2
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.