Final Fight for Playoffs, Wilmington Hosts Richmond
Wilmington, NC - The Wilmington Hammerheads will host the Richmond Kickers this Saturday, September 24th at Legion Stadium, in a final fight for playoffs.
Wilmington currently sits in ninth place, while Richmond sits seventh. Saturday's game is critical for Wilmington to win in order to step closer to a playoff seed. A win does not guarantee Wilmington a playoff seed, as the outcome of the Orlando vs Bethlehem game has many variables. Head coach Mark Briggs stated, "It's a huge game and probably the biggest game to be played at Legion Stadium in a long time." He continued, "We need to win and hope results fall positively for us. The team needs every Wilmington Hammerhead fan to support us at Legion and get behind the team."
Wilmington Hammerheads FC notes
Current record: 7-12-10, 31 points Tied 1-1 against Harrisburg City Islanders on September 17th 247 shots, 95 of which have been on goal Accumulated 88 saves with an overall .652% save percentage
Richmond Kickers Notes
Current record 12-8-9, 45 pts Lost 2-1 against Charleston Battery on September 17th 298 shots, 147 of which have been on goal Accumulated 73 saves with an overall .753% save percentage
With only one game remaining in the regular 2016 season Coach Briggs concluded, "We need our fantastic fans more than ever this Saturday."
Don't miss all the action as Wilmington fights for playoffs against Richmond on Saturday, September 24th at 7pm. Enjoy a cold Hammerhead Shootout Session IPA, while listening to the musical talent of Tyler Davis in the Bombers Beer Garden. The first 100 fans will receive a Hammerheads car magnet as you support Wilmington's only professional sports team. Fans, the Hammerheads need your support this weekend! Tickets can be purchased by calling 910.777.2111 or online at wilmingtonhammerheads.com.
Wilmington Hammerheads FC Professional Soccer USL The Hammerheads are a professional soccer franchise founded in 1996. Competing in the USL, the Hammerheads have grown to be an internationally recognized organization. The USL is the most sophisticated and best operated professional league beneath and in support of Major League Soccer in the United States and Canada. The goal of Wilmington Hammerheads FC is to provide an opportunity for players to develop and reach their goals, while providing affordable family entertainment to Wilmington and the surrounding areas. Wilmington Hammerheads FC Public Relations -Morgan Pare - Wilmington, NC - 910.777.2111 Twitter: @WilmHammerheads | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/wilmingtonhammerheadsfc/?frefts
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from September 20, 2016
- Preview: Swope Park Rangers at Tulsa Roughnecks FC - Swope Park Rangers
- Roughnecks Host Swope Park Wednesday in Rescheduled Match - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- Final Fight for Playoffs, Wilmington Hosts Richmond - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- GAME PREVIEW - Final Fight for Playoffs, Wilmington Hosts Richmond Saturday - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
- FC Cincinnati Closes out Regular Season at Pittsburgh - FC Cincinnati
- Primanti Bros. "Halftime Chow Down" on Tap for Saturday - Pittsburgh Riverhounds SC
- Delbridge's Defensive Efforts Lead to USL Team of the Week Nod - FC Cincinnati
- Switchbacks Land Home Field Advantage for the First Round of the Playoffs - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- Louisville City's Rasmussen, Dacres Named to USL Team of The Week - Louisville City FC
- Portland's Bijev Named USL Player of the Week - USL
- Real Salt Lake/Real Monarchs Training Schedules: September 20-24 - Real Monarchs SLC
- Rhinos 2016 Hall of Fame Class - Rochester Rhinos
- Missing Children Shown on ONEOK Field Concourse Sign Found - Tulsa Roughnecks FC
- PDL Introduces Nashville SC U23 as New Franchise - USL
- Getting to Know Coach Briggs - Wilmington Hammerheads FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.