Republic FC's Second Round Matchup for 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Announced
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - U.S. Soccer announced today the Second Round matchups for the 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup, with Sacramento Republic FC set to host rivals Reno 1868 FC on May 15 at 7:30 p.m. Tickets will go on sale to the public on Monday, April 22. All tickets will be sold as general admission and will be priced at $12 for the public and $10 for season ticket members.
Founded in 1914, the U.S. Open Cup is the longest-running national cup competition in U.S. sports and the third-longest-running open soccer tournament in the world. The competition, which will feature 84 teams this year, is open to professional and amateur teams affiliated with U.S. Soccer. Last year, Republic FC made its furthest run in the Open Cup, defeating Major League Soccer's Seattle Sounders FC en route to the Round of 16 where they nearly upset LAFC in a 3-2 loss at Banc of California Stadium.
For the first time in its history, every game of the 2019 U.S. Open Cup will be available for fans to watch on ESPN+.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 17, 2019
- Indy Eleven to Change Three Dates on 2019 USL Championship Schedule - Indy Eleven
- Republic FC Will Host Stanford University in Exhibition Match on Saturday - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC to Play in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in May - Memphis 901 FC
- US Soccer Releases Second Round Pairings for 2019 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup - Birmingham Legion FC
- Republic FC's Second Round Matchup for 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Announced - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC Completes Transfer with Las Vegas Lights FC - Memphis 901 FC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Partner with Metro Tulsa Soccer Clubs United - FC Tulsa
- Nashville SC to Play Second Round U.S. Open Cup Match in Murfreesboro - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Second Round Match - Indy Eleven
- Lights FC Will Take Part in Their Second U.S. Open Cup - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC's Villyan Bijev Has Red Card against Portland Timbers 2 Rescinded - Sacramento Republic FC
- Reno 1868 FC Set to Face Sacramento Republic FC in Second Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Reno 1868 FC
- North Carolina FC to Begin Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Home in Second Round - North Carolina FC
- Phoenix Rising to Host U.S. Open Cup Second Round - Phoenix Rising FC
- Switchbacks FC Potential U.S. Open Cup Opponents Announced - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- STLFC Enters Second Round of U.S. Open Cup - Saint Louis FC
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Special Olympics Tennessee to Hold Session for Athletes - Nashville SC
- MLS SuperDraft Number One Pick Joins Orange County SC - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 7 - USL
- Hartford Athletic Announces Cigna as Founding Partner - Hartford Athletic
- Chavany Willis scores first Steel FC goal in loss - Philadelphia Union II
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Flex Your Charitable Muscle on Giving Tuesday - Here's How
- Republic FC Sign 15-Year Old Rafael Jauregui to First Professional Contract
- Returning for 2021: Record Breaking Iwasa Back for More Glory
- Returning for 2021: Wheeler-Omiunu Bringing Some Bite to SRFC Midfield
- Around the Leagues: Holiday Weekend Showcasing Great Slate of Soccer