Indy Eleven to Change Three Dates on 2019 USL Championship Schedule
INDIANAPOLIS - Indy Eleven Professional Soccer has announced it will shift the dates of three home games at Lucas Oil Stadium during the back half of its 2019 USL Championship regular season calendar. The date changes come upon learning the preseason and regular season schedules of the Indianapolis Colts, which were announced by the National Football League earlier this evening.
The games affected by the changes were previously scheduled for Saturday, August 17 vs. Saint Louis FC; Saturday, August 24 vs. Charlotte Independence; and Saturday, October 19 vs. Swope Park Rangers.
"Between the overlapping calendars of the USL Championship and NFL and the venue serving as host for numerous conventions throughout the year, scheduling challenges will always be a necessary trade-off when it comes to playing at Lucas Oil Stadium," said Greg Stremlaw, Indy Eleven President and Chief Executive Officer. "We are working with our opponents and the USL to ensure these games are rescheduled as quickly and conveniently as possible, and we thank our fans for their patience during the process."
Indy Eleven continue their April away swing in USL Championship play this Saturday, April 20, when the Boys in Blue travel to the Philly area to take on Bethlehem Steel FC. The matinee kickoff from Talen Energy Stadium - the home of MLS side Philadelphia Union - in Chester, Penn., is set for 4:00 p.m., and the match can be seen exclusively via streaming video on ESPN+.
Indy Eleven return to Lucas Oil Stadium to take on Tampa Bay Rowdies on Wednesday, May 1, at 7:00 p.m., followed three days later by another home game on Saturday, May 4, against North Carolina FC at 7:00 p.m. Tickets are available for as low as $15 at IndyEleven.com/Tickets or by calling 317-685-1100.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 17, 2019
- Indy Eleven to Change Three Dates on 2019 USL Championship Schedule - Indy Eleven
- Republic FC Will Host Stanford University in Exhibition Match on Saturday - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC to Play in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in May - Memphis 901 FC
- US Soccer Releases Second Round Pairings for 2019 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup - Birmingham Legion FC
- Republic FC's Second Round Matchup for 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Announced - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC Completes Transfer with Las Vegas Lights FC - Memphis 901 FC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Partner with Metro Tulsa Soccer Clubs United - FC Tulsa
- Nashville SC to Play Second Round U.S. Open Cup Match in Murfreesboro - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Second Round Match - Indy Eleven
- Lights FC Will Take Part in Their Second U.S. Open Cup - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC's Villyan Bijev Has Red Card against Portland Timbers 2 Rescinded - Sacramento Republic FC
- Reno 1868 FC Set to Face Sacramento Republic FC in Second Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Reno 1868 FC
- North Carolina FC to Begin Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Home in Second Round - North Carolina FC
- Phoenix Rising to Host U.S. Open Cup Second Round - Phoenix Rising FC
- Switchbacks FC Potential U.S. Open Cup Opponents Announced - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- STLFC Enters Second Round of U.S. Open Cup - Saint Louis FC
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Special Olympics Tennessee to Hold Session for Athletes - Nashville SC
- MLS SuperDraft Number One Pick Joins Orange County SC - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 7 - USL
- Hartford Athletic Announces Cigna as Founding Partner - Hartford Athletic
- Chavany Willis scores first Steel FC goal in loss - Philadelphia Union II
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Indy Eleven Stories
- Indy Eleven Adds Carmel Native and Ex-MLS Midfielder Cam Lindley
- Indy Eleven Sets Preseason Exhibition Calendar
- Indy Eleven Releases Defender Lucas Farias
- Indy Eleven Keeps Technical Staff Intact as 2020 Preseason Begins
- U.S. Youth International Set to Bolster Indy's Attack in 2020