Republic FC Will Host Stanford University in Exhibition Match on Saturday
SACRAMENTO, Calif. - Sacramento Republic FC will host the Stanford University Men's Soccer Team in a friendly on Saturday, April 20, at American River College. The match, which is open to the public, will kick off at 4 p.m. and see current Republic FC players Sam Werner and Drew Skundrich take on their alma mater with whom they won three consecutive NCAA championships together from 2015-17.
"We're looking forward to playing against the best college program in the nation over the past five years," said Republic FC Head Coach Simon Elliott who played for the Stanford Cardinal from 1997-98. "It's a great chance for our guys to show they're ready to compete for places on the team and be prepared for the rest of the season."
Tickets will be sold as general admission and be available at the door for $5; campus parking for the event is $2. All proceeds from Saturday's match will be donated to ARC's soccer program. The match is not included as part of the season ticket membership package.
Republic FC will resume USL Championship play on Saturday, April 27, when they take on Phoenix Rising FC at Papa Murphy's Park.
• Discuss this story on the United Soccer League Championship message board...
United Soccer League Championship Stories from April 17, 2019
- Indy Eleven to Change Three Dates on 2019 USL Championship Schedule - Indy Eleven
- Republic FC Will Host Stanford University in Exhibition Match on Saturday - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC to Play in the Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup in May - Memphis 901 FC
- US Soccer Releases Second Round Pairings for 2019 Lamar Hunt US Open Cup - Birmingham Legion FC
- Republic FC's Second Round Matchup for 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Announced - Sacramento Republic FC
- Memphis 901 FC Completes Transfer with Las Vegas Lights FC - Memphis 901 FC
- Tulsa Roughnecks Partner with Metro Tulsa Soccer Clubs United - FC Tulsa
- Nashville SC to Play Second Round U.S. Open Cup Match in Murfreesboro - Nashville SC
- Indy Eleven to Host 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Second Round Match - Indy Eleven
- Lights FC Will Take Part in Their Second U.S. Open Cup - Las Vegas Lights FC
- Republic FC's Villyan Bijev Has Red Card against Portland Timbers 2 Rescinded - Sacramento Republic FC
- Reno 1868 FC Set to Face Sacramento Republic FC in Second Round of 2019 Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup - Reno 1868 FC
- North Carolina FC to Begin Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup at Home in Second Round - North Carolina FC
- Phoenix Rising to Host U.S. Open Cup Second Round - Phoenix Rising FC
- Switchbacks FC Potential U.S. Open Cup Opponents Announced - Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC
- STLFC Enters Second Round of U.S. Open Cup - Saint Louis FC
- Nashville SC Collaborates with Special Olympics Tennessee to Hold Session for Athletes - Nashville SC
- MLS SuperDraft Number One Pick Joins Orange County SC - Orange County SC
- USL Championship Discipline Report - Week 7 - USL
- Hartford Athletic Announces Cigna as Founding Partner - Hartford Athletic
- Chavany Willis scores first Steel FC goal in loss - Philadelphia Union II
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Sacramento Republic FC Stories
- Indomitable Club Unveils Refurbished Futsal Courts at Northgate Park
- Hayden Sargis Selected as Young Player of the Year Finalist
- Sam Werner and Tomas Hilliard-Arce Announce Retirement
- SRFC & SCOE Introduce Republic PE: A New Way for Students to Stay Active at Home
- Nominations Now Open for Latinx Edition of Republic FC Kickstart