RedHawks Game Notes
Oklahoma City RedHawks (13-6) vs. Memphis Redbirds (8-11)
Game 20 | April 27, 2010, 11:05 am CDT | AT&T Bricktown Ballpark | Oklahoma City, OK
1340 AM Fox Sports, RedHawks Radio Network | Play-by-Play: Jim Byers & Judson Richards
LH Michael Ballard (2-0, 5.06) vs. RH Brandon Dickson (0-1, 3.93)
TODAY: The RedHawks and Memphis Redbirds wrap up a 4-game series with an 11:05 am (CDT) contest at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. OKC has won the first 3 games of this series and 6 of 7 from Memphis this year. The RedHawks have also taken a season-high 6 consecutive home games. Fueled by a 7-run third inning, OKC won last night's game 12-4. Lefthander Michael Ballard gets the start for the RedHawks. He beat the Redbirds in his previous start against them April 17 at AutoZone Park, allowing 2 runs on 7 hits in 6 innings. Righthander Brandon Dickson, who took the loss the night, gets the call for Memphis.
SEASON HIGHS SET: Last night's 12-4 win set the RedHawks' season high for runs scored and marked their first foray into a double-digit run total this season. The 8-run margin of victory matched the season high set on Sunday in an 8-0 victory. OKC's 15 hits equaled a season high. The RedHawks' 13-6 record matches Nashville for best in the league and sets OKC's high point at 7 games over .500.
MOSCOSO COMPLETES A CYCLE: Guillermo Moscoso turned in a quality start last night, pitching 6 innings while allowing 2 runs on 6 hits. The rotation has gone a complete turn with 5 consecutive quality starts. Today's game will be OKC's 20th straight from the start of the season and the RedHawks took 4 complete revolutions through the rotation without change.
HOWEVER: The unaltered rotation will change during the next series because Brandon McCarthy is on the RedHawks' DL with a stress reaction in his right shoulder, with symptoms similar to the injury that cost McCarthy portions of the 2007 and 2009 seasons.
TRACY HITTING STREAK AT 8: Chad Tracy brings an 8-game hitting streak into today. It's the longest OKC hitting streak of the season. During the streak, which began in Memphis April 18, Tracy is 11-for-29 (.379). He also sports a 12-game on-base streak. Tracy has hits in 16 of 18 games played and has failed to reach base by hit or walk only once this season, April 13.
LEADERS: Chad Tracy leads the PCL in total bases (50) and is second in homers (6) and in RBIs (18). He's also fourth in slugging (.694) and tied for second in hits (25). Tracy is tied with Albuquerque's John Lindsey for the extra-base hit lead with 12. Esteban German is tied for third in runs with 16. Derek Holland leads the league with a 0.67 ERA. Brandon McCarthy (28.2) and Holland (27) are 1-2 in the PCL in innings pitched.
TEAM RANKINGS: OKC is second in team ERA at 3.12 behind Nashville's 3.00. The RedHawks have the league's lowest WHIP (walks + hits per innings pitched) at 1.13. Offensively, the RedHawks are third in the PCL in team batting average (.281), second in slugging (.450), but first in on-base percentage (.362). OKC leads the league with 21 home runs.
SALTALAMACCHIA'S REHAB UPDATE: Texas Rangers catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia returned to the lineup last night after having Sunday off and caught all 9 innings. He went 3-for-5 to extend a hitting streak to 4 games. He went on the Rangers' 15-day DL April 8 with a left upper back strain after starting Texas' season opener, driving in the winning run with a single in the bottom of the ninth, and pinch hitting during the next game. More information on him can be found on page 5 of today's notes.
BULLPEN STREAKERS: Clay Rapada has put together an 8.2-inning scoreless streak over his last 6 games...Rapada has a 0.96 ERA...Pedro Strop has not allowed an earned run in his last 7 games, spanning 5.2 innings, but has allowed 6 of his last 7 inherited runners to score in his past 3 outings. Omar Beltre has 2 saves in his last 4 games, tossing 5 straight scoreless innings. Willie Eyre has not allowed a hit or a run in his last 3 games covering 4 innings.
Date Opponent Oklahoma City Pitcher Opposing Pitcher Radio
Wednesday Off Day
Thursday April 29 New Orleans LH Derek Holland 2-1, 0.67 RH Rick VandenHurk 1-1, 4.26 KTOK AM 1000
Friday April 30 New Orleans LH Michael Kirkman 2-0, 2.74 RH Ryan Tucker 0-1, 2.70 KTOK AM 1000
Saturday May 1 New Orleans RH Guillermo Moscoso 1-1, 4.00 LH Hunter Jones 0-1, 3.22 KTOK AM 1000
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rainiers Rained Out Again - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3 - Reno Aces
- Hacker, Grizzlies Hold Off Beavers, Rain - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Swept In Doubleheader At Iowa - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Rally for Pair of Wins - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Avoid Sweep with 9-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Complete Sweep, Downing Z's 12-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Steal 3-2 10-Inning Win Over Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Score 12 For Series Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28