FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers
PORTLAND, OR, April 27, 2010 -- FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: FLIR) announced today its partnership to sponsor the Portland Beavers and Timbers in 2010. FLIR will be the presenting Partner for Military Appreciation Night at the Beavers game on Saturday, May 8. At that game, all active duty and retired military personnel will be admitted free of charge, with a discount for family members. FLIR will also sponsor the "Saves for Soldiers" program through its partnership with the Portland Timbers. During the Timbers season, which began Saturday, April 17 with their home opener at PGE Park, FLIR will make a donation to the Wounded Warrior Project for each goal saved by the Timbers. Fans will have the opportunity to also donate to support Wounded Warriors with details to be provided through in-stadium and on-air announcements.
Other highlights of the sponsorship will include the use of FLIR's unique thermal imaging night vision cameras in-stadium to demonstrate this technology using the Beavers/Timbers video scoreboard at many of the home games. "FLIR Systems is excited about this opportunity to support two great local sports teams," said Bill Sundermeier, president FLIR's Government Systems division. "As one of the largest companies in Oregon, this provides us with an opportunity to let our friends and neighbors know a bit more of who we are, and to support our community, particularly those in our community who have served in the uniforms of our nation."
FLIR Systems, with headquarters in Wilsonville, Oregon, has facilities in Billerica, MA, Orlando, FL, Bozeman, MT, Pittsburgh, PA, Colorado Springs, CO, Goleta, CA and Arlington, VA. FLIR employs over 2,000 people worldwide and is a leading supplier of thermal imaging cameras and night vision sensors for applications worldwide. FLIR products made in Wilsonville include airborne imaging systems which enable safe flight operations and Search & Rescue (SAR) missions by the US Army and National Guard Medevac helicopters operating in Iraq and Afghanistan. FLIR Portland has delivered hundreds of Force Protection sensors to the Army and Marine Corps, which have saved countless lives in Iraq and Afghanistan. FLIR Portland's products are also used by the US Coast Guard and SAR operators worldwide to conduct lifesaving missions in darkness and bad weather.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rainiers Rained Out Again - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3 - Reno Aces
- Hacker, Grizzlies Hold Off Beavers, Rain - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Swept In Doubleheader At Iowa - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Rally for Pair of Wins - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Avoid Sweep with 9-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Complete Sweep, Downing Z's 12-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Steal 3-2 10-Inning Win Over Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Score 12 For Series Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Portland Beavers Stories
- Statement from Merritt Paulson regarding ownership of the Portland Beavers
- Beavers, Timbers Community Fund Again Recognized by Corporate Philanthropy Awards
- Beavers Win Final Game at PGE Park in Dramatic Fashion
- Young, Geer Combine on Three-Hitter as Beavers Beat 51's
- Portland held to four hits in 9-1 loss