RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis
The RedHawks impressive starting pitching continued as Michael Kirkman (2-0) nailed down eight innings of one-hit ball. Kirkman and Clay Rapada combined to blank the Memphis Redbirds 8-0 at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark on a Sunday afternoon.
In a scoreless contest in the bottom of the fourth inning, Memphis starter Rich Hill allowed the first three hitters of the inning to reach base on walks. Sacrifice flies by Matt Brown and Max Ramirez pushed two runs across.
Chad Tracy continued to club the ball connecting on his team leading sixth homer of the season with one on in the bottom of the fifth inning.
Kirkman grabbed six strikeouts over eight solid innings, allowing four walks and just one hit. Rapada slammed the door with a scoreless ninth. Losing pitcher Rich Hill (1-2) lasted five innings surrendering five earned runs.
Jon Jay's 16-game hit streak came to a close taking an 0-for-4.
The game began with six consecutive strikeouts.
Oklahoma City and Memphis will continue their four-game set Monday evening at AT&T Bricktown Ballpark. Guillermo Moscoso and Adam Ottavino are slated to pitch for the RedHawks and Redbirds respectively with a first pitch scheduled for 7:05 pm.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rainiers Rained Out Again - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3 - Reno Aces
- Hacker, Grizzlies Hold Off Beavers, Rain - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Swept In Doubleheader At Iowa - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Rally for Pair of Wins - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Avoid Sweep with 9-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Complete Sweep, Downing Z's 12-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Steal 3-2 10-Inning Win Over Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Score 12 For Series Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Oklahoma City Dodgers Stories
- Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark Named Winner Of Ballpark Digest's Best Of The Ballparks Competition
- OKC Dodgers Announce Details Regarding the Cancellation of the 2020 Baseball Sesaon
- Registration Open for OKC Dodgers Rookie League Fall Season
- Statement from the Oklahoma City Dodgers
- OKC Dodgers Hosting Sixth Annual Fan Fest March 28