Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3
RENO, Nev. - A pair of three-run homers by Pedro Ciriaco and Carlos Corporan propelled the Reno Aces to a 10-3 victory over the Colorado Springs Sky Sox on a windy Tuesday afternoon at Aces Ballark.
With the Sky Sox leading 1-0 in the fourth, Corporan belted a three-run blast to dead-center field that put Reno ahead for good. Reno tacked on three more runs in the fifth and six innings, with the help from Ciriaco's three-run homer and RBI-singles by Ryan Roberts, Brandon Allen and Mark Hallberg.
Billy Buckner (1-1) notched his first victory of the season, tossing seven innings of two-run ball. Aces relievers Jason Urquidez and Daniel Stange hurled the final two frames to preserve the victory.
Veteran Tim Redding (0-1) took the loss for Colorado Springs after the Aces tagged him for six runs in 4.2 innings of work.
Eight of nine Aces starters collected a hit, with Allen leading the way with a 3-for-5 afternoon. Corporan and Ciriaco drove in three runs apiece, while Jeff Bailey continued his torrid start with a 2-for-4 day, raising his average to a team-leading .361.
The Aces take the day off Wednesday before heading to Tacoma for a four-game set against the Rainiers, Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners. Thursday's series-opening game will feature Aces RHP Matt Torra (0-1, 2.84 ERA) facing Rainiers RHP Steven Shell (0-1, 2.87 ERA). First pitch is set for 7 p.m. PT from Cheney Stadium. All the action can be heard live on Fox Sports Radio 1450 AM or by visiting www.RenoAces.com.
Reno returns home May 3 at 7:05 p.m. for Game 1 of the 2010 Silver State Diamond Challenge against the Las Vegas 51s. Tickets for all Aces games start at just $7, and are available by calling the Reno Aces box office at (775) 334-7000 or by visiting RenoAces.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from April 27, 2010
- Rainiers Rained Out Again - Tacoma Rainiers
- Aces Use Long Ball To Defeat Sky Sox, 10-3 - Reno Aces
- Hacker, Grizzlies Hold Off Beavers, Rain - Portland Beavers
- Round Rock Express Swept In Doubleheader At Iowa - Round Rock Express
- I-Cubs Rally for Pair of Wins - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Avoid Sweep with 9-5 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Sounds Complete Sweep, Downing Z's 12-1 - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Isotopes Steal 3-2 10-Inning Win Over Omaha - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Sounds Score 12 For Series Sweep - Nashville Sounds
- A Giant Night, T-Shirt Giveaway Highlight Homestand - Fresno Grizzlies
- FLIR Announces Partnership with Portland Beavers and Portland Timbers - Portland Beavers
- RedHawks Game Notes - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Bats Lead RedHawks to 12-4 Win - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- RedHawks' Arms Blank Memphis - Oklahoma City Dodgers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.